Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss mains water in - what is this fitting ? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Harrytb

Harrytb New Member

Hi
    was clearing under my house, noticed the mains water in has a leak from some strange blue fitting. No markings on it.

What is it?
    Do I need it?
    Where can I get a replacement if I do

Thanks
    Harry

mains_fitting.jpg

2. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

I’ve not seen one of them before but assuming that can be removed and a water meter can be installed at sone point.

3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Its a utility problem , call them out today they will be happy,
    as its overtime, and make the man a cuppa tea..Rob Foster
    aka centralheatking

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Craig Watson

Craig Watson GSR Top Contributor!!

Are you in the UK? I've never seen anything like that before. Are there any markings on the body at All?

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Right on Craig, the l/h pipe is odd and the od on the pipes to,the right are suspect, looks like pipework a bit like in place we had in Var , south France years ago before I pulled it all out , but hey ...Rob Foster aka centralheatking

6. Harrytb

Harrytb New Member

Thanks all for the advice - I'll turn off the water and take it out - replace it with a new pipe - I'll post some better images of it once it's out.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  7. armyash

armyash Plumber GSR

I'd be interested to know what that is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Geffro

Geffro New Member

Hi all I'm in the dry cleaning trade I've seen something very similar to that on the main water supply to our machines it's an old style scale filter I'm going back to early 80s here you undo the outer ring take out the centre cartridge and replace with fresh one when they clog up maybe wrong but looked exactly like that

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Geffro

Geffro New Member

Just to add if it's as old as I think it is it will restrict flow that's how I came by them was called out to overheating problem on machine was due to lack of water worked my way back and found it there just took it out and replaced with copper pipe

• Like Like x 1