Search the forum,

Discuss main combi eco fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fixter1

freind of mine rang me today to go have a look at his boiler, he said that when he has his heating on the lights for heating and hot water are switching from one to the other all the time could it be the diverter head at fault im going to have a look at it in the morning thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Could there be a hot tap slightly dripping, dhw ntc detects temp change & fires for dhw then returns to heating, then repeats ?
A phone call might answer this.

thanks mate ill give him a ring the problem is the shop he has the boiler all so supplys the flat down stairs lol , correct me if im wrong but wouldnt the hall senor activate

If you're referring to the roomstat [hall sensor] on a combi it's hot water priority.
If it's the Hall sensor on the fan, that only detects that the fan is spinning.

If you're referring to the roomstat [hall sensor] on a combi it's hot water priority.
If it's the Hall sensor on the fan, that only detects that the fan is spinning.

hall effect sensors are fitted to a magnetic read switch its basically a flow switch the light would be on if a tap was dripping if there was a leak ,the sensor could be at fault to test pull the hall effect sensor off stick a magnet in it and open a hot tap if it runs ok put it back on the read switch and repeat test, it could well be a sticking motorized/diverter valve these can be cleaned up and silicone grease applied to the gubbins

would there be water where the head fits on the diverter never done one on this boiler

yes around the pin and bush,take the motor out(easy) and shake it to your ear if its full of water theres your fault,now i dont think baxi do a refurb kit a ariston bush may fit but i have never tried and you need a new motor

sticking motorized/diverter valve these can be cleaned up and silicone grease applied to the gubbins what are the gubbins???? sorry if i sound daft but new to repairs

the bush and spindle but you need to remove it from the diverter

do you need to remove the hole diverter or can you remove it in place the shop was closed today so im there monday morning

do you need to remove the hole diverter or can you remove it in place the shop was closed today so im there monday morning

no diverter stays in,drain down undo the bush it all comes out from the top

its the bush circled but obviously the other way up in the boiler;)its under the black or black and white motor depending on age,pull out the retaining clip drain system undo the brass bush pull that out with the springs attached,clean them,put silicone grease on the silver rods and on the bush o ring

Attachments

• 012f main.jpg
    012f main.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 59
also put magnet on hall sensor the hot water is ok put it back on no hot water

you have a domestic hot water switch down if it works by putting a magnet on but not when back in situ in regards to the bush if theres water on the pin there may be water in the motor this would cause the boiler to either blow a fast fuse or go to dhw/htg at the same time or jump constantly between both

like i said if i put a magnet on it works fine, if i put it back on i have to run the tap full belt for the light to come on and the waters cold so i need a new hall sensor is that right???? gasman

like i said if i put a magnet on it works fine, if i put it back on i have to run the tap full belt for the light to come on and the waters cold so i need a new hall sensor is that right???? gasman
yes new hall sensor needed but not the clear plastic part the brass section

405 H33273HYDRAULIC INLET ASSY WITH HALL EFFECT SENSOR - 10 L - 24 HE5116017

part number

[DLMURL="http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/POTTERTON-MYSON/BOILERS-COMBI/GOLD-Range/GOLD-24-HE-A/HYDRAULIC-INLET-ASSY
t"]GOLD 24 HE A - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd[/DLMURL]hey are showing the complete thing but if you ring baxi tech on 08443358428 they should be able to give you the pn for just the switch

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to main combi eco fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock