Search the forum,

Discuss magnaclean on new build help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

little advice please

I have moved in to a new build and the boiler is high up on the wall in a cupboard and the pipes go straight up in to ceiling so can put it on the retun.

I would like to fit a magnaclean professional 2 the only place I can fit it is in the main bathroom on the 2nd floor in where the hot tank is but i'm stuck as i have 2 heating zones.

1.jpg

4.jpg

thanks for all the help much appreciated

only problem I have is the magnaclean fits vertical
could i fit a 28mm elbow at out side of the pump so it horizontal then elbow down to the magnaclean them back to the the return

could i fit a 28mm elbow at out side of the pump so it horizontal then elbow down to the magnaclean them back to the the return
You may be better with the TF1 compact, as that can be installed horizontally. It might save you some headache and it’s a good filter.

And put a bit of pipe insulation on the hot outlet pipe from top of cylinder.
Odd that the discharge pipe has been insulated

Yes you can & easily done. The other guys have mentioned other makes of filter as well, which are good; but each to their own. I do prefer to stick with the Magnaclean myself.

thanks I picked the Magnaclean due research on the others reliability on leaking and efficiency as the Magnaclean i got does the magnetic and non magnetic in the water. Ill measure up to see the space and not to block other parts on the tank

magnaclean are good but to me they are plastic and can leak, sprirotrap are all brass. and the me thats a good thing.

all reviews i found on the sprirotrap is the magnet is too weak to go through the brass body and falls off it. the leaking on the magaclean is due to cross threading the cap over tightening not cleaning it properly

all reviews i found on the sprirotrap is the magnet is too weak to go through the brass body and falls off it. the leaking on the magaclean is due to cross threading the cap over tightening not cleaning it properly

The Fernox TF1 omega is brass bodied, compact and can be fitted horizontally and has powerful neothingy magnet centrally located too. Seemingly bulletproof and I've moved over to them from Spiro
s.

Last edited:
It's a new build, flush the system and stick 2-3 bottles inhibitor. Job done, no need to fit a magnetic filter.

shame they don't last as long as the warranty just going by what i have found online I know you can trust it all

That all depends on the insulation if it's chucked on the wall and installed in half a day any boiler won't last long

Get a decent insulation/ installer and it should last 10-15 years with servicing

Reply to magnaclean on new build help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock