Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss magnaclean on new build help please in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Paul1975

Paul1975 New Member

Hi All

little advice please

I have moved in to a new build and the boiler is high up on the wall in a cupboard and the pipes go straight up in to ceiling so can put it on the retun.

I would like to fit a magnaclean professional 2 the only place I can fit it is in the main bathroom on the 2nd floor in where the hot tank is but i'm stuck as i have 2 heating zones.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How new a new build???

3. Paul1975

Paul1975 New Member

we moved in just over 1.5 years ago

4. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Fit it to the bottom horizontal pipe going to the pump in pic 1, Not an ideal location but you are very limited on options without some major pipework altering.

5. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Were it me I’d be tempted to push back to the builder as this surely will invalidate your boiler warranty

• Like Like x 2
  6. gingalig

gingalig GSR

Looks like my G3 training day.

7. Paul1975

Paul1975 New Member

thanks for all the help much appreciated

only problem I have is the magnaclean fits vertical
    could i fit a 28mm elbow at out side of the pump so it horizontal then elbow down to the magnaclean them back to the the return

8. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

Fit a spirotrap can be fit on horizontal

• Like Like x 1
  9. BYP

BYP GSR

You may be better with the TF1 compact, as that can be installed horizontally. It might save you some headache and it’s a good filter.

10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

And put a bit of pipe insulation on the hot outlet pipe from top of cylinder.
    Odd that the discharge pipe has been insulated

11. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Yes you can & easily done. The other guys have mentioned other makes of filter as well, which are good; but each to their own. I do prefer to stick with the Magnaclean myself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paul1975

Paul1975 New Member

thanks I picked the Magnaclean due research on the others reliability on leaking and efficiency as the Magnaclean i got does the magnetic and non magnetic in the water. Ill measure up to see the space and not to block other parts on the tank

13. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

magnaclean are good but to me they are plastic and can leak, sprirotrap are all brass. and the me thats a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul1975

Paul1975 New Member

all reviews i found on the sprirotrap is the magnet is too weak to go through the brass body and falls off it. the leaking on the magaclean is due to cross threading the cap over tightening not cleaning it properly

15. gmartine

gmartine GSR

The Fernox TF1 omega is brass bodied, compact and can be fitted horizontally and has powerful neothingy magnet centrally located too. Seemingly bulletproof and I've moved over to them from Spiro
    s.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018