Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Evening chaps.

Got a job coming up involving converting part of a garage into a wetroom. Only option for the waste is a macerator. I've installed 2 macerators in my career with the last one around 10 years ago so I'm a little out of touch as to whats good and what isn't, so any help regarding selecting a suitable unit would be appreciated.
Wetroom will have a shower, basin and toilet waste running into it. The discharge pipe will have to run up and through the loft area to the other side of the bungalow where the existing stack is. Problem is this bungalow has had a couple of extentions in the past so has 3 loft areas to run though. I'll keep the discharge pipe as short as possible but even then it's looking like 15m+ run after the vertical rise with a minimum of 6 bends.

I personally don't like the idea but as usual, the jobs been designed and sold without me knowing anything about it and now I've got to make the customers wish come true.

Shower waste type pump to get the shower water into a macerator
Id imagine stuart Turner would be your best option for both

You’re on site and if it’s not sensible don’t do it.
Supply and fit of a macerator gives you 3 or 4 days worth of labour to find an alternative! ( by not doing the poo pump I mean).
Is there no way to dig and extend the drains?

Shower waste type pump to get the shower water into a macerator
Id imagine stuart Turner would be your best option for both
I'm planning on gravity run from the shower. With the bathroom conversion we'll be raising the new bathroom floor around 150-200mm to match the existing bedroom where we're knocking though. I'm then planning on the macerator been on the other side of the wall behind the toilet in the garage so should be able to get it low enough for the shower waste to fall Into.

You’re on site and if it’s not sensible don’t do it.
Supply and fit of a macerator gives you 3 or 4 days worth of labour to find an alternative! ( by not doing the poo pump I mean).
Is there no way to dig and extend the drains?
Unfortunately i don't have the choice. Boss says jump I say how high. Also no other way of running new drainage. Customer recently had new drive and patio laid and refuses to have it dug up.

I feel for you, be an easy job if it wasn’t for daft customers.
If it’s for daily use I think they’ll live to regret it, all for the sake of a bit of digging.

Reply to Macerator recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock