Search the forum,

Discuss Lying Customers ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
what would you do, but they don't know you know there lying ?

Needs honest opinions

Didn't install the boiler but have been servicing it for the last 3 years etc

Get a phone call today about a job a Monday afternoon

Full strip down of a Worcester 30si compact

So parts ordered eg gaskets and probes

Get a phone call today, some how he's got in his head it's not registered with Worcester

So he phones worcester up and they said they will find out

So he phones me up and asks if there's any problem to me if it's not registered, I say nope and are we still on for Monday afternoon (yep)

So Worcester phone him back it's registered and everything's fine and we will do the full strip for £126

Cus phones me back and says it's registered and we're going with Worcester for the service this year

At this point my blood is boiling at Worcester, I say are you sure it's the same eg full strip

Cus says ok I'll ask

At this point I text my rep mate and ask him what the frig is going on

Customer phones back it is sorry but I'm going with them as yours is £170

Ok end call

Get a phone call after from the rep

In short as this post is long already :D

There going out in the end of January for a simple service and according to my rep they said it hasn't been serviced and they have no one to service it

What to do now ?

And FYI there happy with our past services

Er, blimey !! Really not sure .
However , if one of my customers did that I would say bye bye .

Sorry cant be much help mate

Would not worry to much mate. They will be back when they realise. It’s only one customer.

How much are worcester charging?
Is the customer confused over your price? 126 or 170

How much are worcester charging?
Is the customer confused over your price? 126 or 170

129 for a simple service (but cus thinks it's a full strip)

We change 170 including parts

Er, blimey !! Really not sure .
However , if one of my customers did that I would say bye bye .

Sorry cant be much help mate

Yep same as me then

I think sometimes it's worth to make them realise that they are lying. Furthermore I wouldn't be bothered and get rid of the customer. Not worth keeping customers like this. They don't seem respecting and appreciating your good works.

I'm not saying you have to make them aware of their lies but definitely get rid of customers like this. They are not worth it or profitable

I would smell a rat here.

How does the customer know that the boiler requires a full
strip service.

I think he has a problem with it and thinks a good service will
cure it (but it was working ok before you worked on it).

These boilers require a fan pressure test to decide if full service
needed, so where has he got his information from?

You wold do well to let this go in my opinion.

I would smell a rat here.

How does the customer know that the boiler requires a full
strip service.

I think he has a problem with it and thinks a good service will
cure it (but it was working ok before you worked on it).

These boilers require a fan pressure test to decide if full service
needed, so where has he got his information from?

You wold do well to let this go in my opinion.

That's me always do a full strip every 4 years

New main burner seal and probes

Do Worcester offer extended warranty with a service?

From Worcester themselves no

Only extras you get is when you install a filter etc

Dont worry about it Shaun let them do it you dont need customers like that i did a full strip on one last week £170 is still cheap and about what i charged . cheers kop

I would be tempted to try a bit of truthful mischief. -

Text customer and say you had decided to now contact Worcester for to give them work on some of your strip downs, as their price seemed a brilliant deal. But Worcester have confirmed it is only for a basic service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lying Customers ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock