Search the forum,

Discuss Lucky escape... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Fear this will happen more and more over the coming years. I don't know what it's like in anyone else's area but up here solid fuel is making a big comeback.

Much as we moan about unregistered people working on gas, this was a GSR working out of scope. Of all people he should have known better.

A gas engineer on a recent domestic renewal told me he liked wood burners because 'they don't produce'. When I asked him what he meant it turned out he thought that wood did not produce carbon monoxide when burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lucky escape... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello my dad had a boiler check up today and the cap on the flue above the boiler had fell off. It's potentially been like that for a long time. Was this dangerous? We have a carbon monoxide detector but that never went off. I have posted a picture below of the little cap, the engineer...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Had carbon monoxide leak from boiler flue. Gas engineer came to fit new flue. But left gaping holes in wall. Daylight was seen
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock