Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Help! When I move the shower lever to hot position the flow drops significantly. I have successfully changed the shower pump and then the single lever concealed valve (Access via airing cupboard) with no change whatsoever. Obviously not a plumber, what am I missing? any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Help! When I move the shower lever to hot position the flow drops significantly. I have successfully changed the shower pump and then the single lever concealed valve (Access via airing cupboard) with no change whatsoever. Obviously not a plumber, what am I missing? any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Gravity fed ? Could have a snapped gate valve, try running another hot water outlet, eg a tap.

Definitely check the filters. Could be debris in them or scale build up. Also check the isolation valves on the hot side are all fully open (including any valves on the hot feed to the pump) and that they've not been partially closed restricting the flow.

Reply to Low hot water pressure in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock