Search the forum,

Discuss Low hot water pressure - Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a vaillant ecotec pro 28 combi, the hot water pressure to all the taps have always been pretty low. I just got home from a few weeks away and I’m sure the hot water pressure is lower than before.

I have 2 bathrooms, en-suite with bath over shower and other bathroom just shower.

I’m in the flat myself so it’s not like I have the problem with somebodys using water same time as me.

When I remove the shower heads and have just the shower hose and hot water open the hose has barely any pressure. To fill the bath also takes a long time. Cold water pressure is mains and the pressure is ok to all taps and kitchen.

Could this be the water filter on the combi or other issues like installation. The flat has had renovation before I purchased it and has new plastic push fittings installed throughout.

I would think it's down the the cold water temp dropping is your cold water pressure bad as well ?

The cold water seems ok. With just cold water there’s a bit of kick back and pressure on the hose. When I turn it to hot you can see the flow dropping off.

Cold water to the taps have decent pressure.

When was it last serviced ?

Only a few months ago, I think August but it’s Scottish power who I don’t have much faith in doing anything except the basics. Engineer I think only did the annual checks.

On the low side but not that low esp if boiler is on the older side

I just measured the flow rate, I work it out hot water is 6 litres per minute and cold water 10 litres per minute.
Keep checking relative flow rates cold v hot see if as it gets colder the hot gets slower, or reduce your hot water supply temp and report back, do not fix what is it broken Centralheatking

10 lt / min , very low that . Nobody’s shut down the stoptap have they ?, always been like that ? are any of your neighbours having any problems?

I just had re entry same issue and it turned out the that the mains supply to the boiler was full of debris which blocked the entrance. But as aboveyoucould check if the mains supply is fully opened not just the one in the house but also at the street.

Reply to Low hot water pressure - Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock