Search the forum,

Discuss LOOSING PRESSURE ON COMBI HEATING SYSTEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gradually losing pressure on combi. heating system. A smallish system in a flat, 7 radiators+ a couple of towel rails. No sign of any water leaks.
The boiler is a VOKERA UNICA 32HE.
Have been advised that it could possibly be the boiler expansion vessel.
If it is this, is it a relatively straight forward job to replace?
I am trying to obtain a ball park figure on cost etc.
Thanks

You won’t get a figure on here as it’s too much geographical variation. Get a couple of guys in to quote

Probably will not need changed, most of the time. Should be an hour charge, no parts needed. If its worse then take it from there. Depending on lay out and other points regarding a direct replacement, but you could fir an external on if space available.

If it is the expansion vessel, the next thing you will see is water pressure rising massively when heating is on, water being ejected through the pressure relief valve dump, and then, when the system is cold, low pressure. If the above never happens, then it may not be your expansion vessel (or you have a radiator full of air somewhere).

Reply to LOOSING PRESSURE ON COMBI HEATING SYSTEM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
A
We have a vaillant combi boiler that over ~ 2yrs loses a bit of pressure, and recently after 2 weeks away and no use the system would not fire and errored with F75. We attempted to refill, but the mains pressure is only 1.0bar, and the combi needs more than that to light. I ended up removing...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock