Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to purchase Viper books and self study workbooks. Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says I'm looking to purchase a bunch of books to begin studying gas.

Is it worth spending £320 on books to prepare me for the course I'm looking to book myself in to?

The course I believe consists of 8 days training and 3 days assessment (that maybe wrong as its off the top of my head)

I want to do this right as its a big step for myself also I don't want to spend money unnecessarily.

Anyone purchased these books and are they worth their weight?

Thanks.

Are you new to the industry or are you a plumber?

No I'm time served. Level 3 (renewables - not happy about that but thats what i had to do) OFTEC registered and have experience fitting gas boilers (work was signed off by a GS engineer)

Spent 50£ on Bpec book (Domestic Gas Safety Manual), it's good to start with. But when I was in Training Center, they gave me the same materials for free and it was writen on simple english.
2018-05-05%2020.50.28.jpg

Last edited:
When you sign up for the course you will be provided with a training pack which will provide you with all the information you need to pass your assements , you could pay for your course earlier so you can collect your study pack before hand why pay twice ? . Cheers kop

yeh just buy a bpec domestic gas safety. read it a few times and you will be fine. ACS is all open books which are all provided but you need to know the basics otherwise you will run out of time on test.

Go for the books the training centre use.
Do you have to get a portfolio etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to purchase Viper books and self study workbooks. Any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock