Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Looking to get experience in Gas Plumbing (trainee) London area in the Plumbers Looking for Work - Post Here area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. dinkeytom

dinkeytom New Member

Hi, I am currently training up to become gas safe and would like to further my experience in an unpaid traineeship. I had been in a plumbing apprenticeship in the past, but it didn't work out between me and my employer, possibly because of my inexperience, the fact that they wanted someone already at a Level 2 NVQ and that JTL wanted all apprentices to be assessed at Level 1 all the way up to Level 3. I have partially done my Level 2 6035 Diploma in Plumbing Studies and have obtained my Unvented G3 Certificate. Ultimately I want to become self employed, but first I must become more confident on the job. I am not afraid of getting dirty and hot and smelly conditions as I already work as a kitchen porter. I have a genuine interest in the trade and construction in general, as I have installed things at home and where I work, I have also fixed the industrial dishwasher without instructions, which shows I think from a top down perspective.