Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for work plumbing/plumbers mate..Essex/Suffolk based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much chance for u when lads up north starting earlier and earlier.

https://m.************/story.php?story_fbid=10152664222397976&id=725187975

Koogatubac wrote: 'Come work for me. North east england'

Crumbs! Take it mate! I would, if I wasn't already in the process of moving to Wales. If he's GS registered as well...

You're not a million miles from London. If you register your details with a number of recruitment websites on the Internet there's plenty of jobs for plumbers mates / improvers in London.

You're still looking after well over a year? What have you done to look for a start somewhere?

Bump, still looking..any trial welcome.

OK - I'm going to say this as gently as I can.

You've been posting for over 15 months now. You started out not giving a location. You've said barely a word about what you've actually done or where you've worked.

Sandamoss offered you an opportunity. You said he couldn't "promise" you work. Well, if you want it badly enough, you'd take even that. Nobody is going to promise you a full-time job unless you prove you're a worthwhile investment. With the background you've described, you'll cost an employer more than you'll earn him right now. He will need to invest a lot in you before getting anything back.

You said you had no experience in plastic. Billy gave you a very good, short set of instructions. That's literally all you needed. You could have gone out and bought a length of pipe and some fittings, had a practice, and hey presto, you can work plastic!

15 months is long enough to have done an introduction to plumbing course at your local college. Some of them offer a basic course as an evening class. You could have taken acecharly's advice and advertised for small jobs on your own.

Right now you could have been posting that you'd done a Level 1 course, done some small jobs like tap washers, drain unblocking etc. and were confident with both copper and plastic. All of a sudden you'd have been a much more interesting candidate.

This is a hugely competitive field to get a start in. There are hundreds of posts on here by trainees / apprentices looking for a start. Jobs will not come to you - you need to chase them proactively, and set yourself apart from the competition by showing that you are keener, more motivated and have a better foundation knowledge than them.

Of course, it may be that you've done all of these things. In which case we're back to the same problem as your very first post - you need to give us more details!

Good luck, but remember, you have to make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for work plumbing/plumbers mate..Essex/Suffolk based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock