Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for work, Northampton area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenb-Npton

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

My name is Steve and I’m 31 years old live in Northampton

My life is about to change as I’m going into the exciting world of plumbing, it’s an area I have had an interest in for quite some time but only recently managed to do something about it.

I’m now moving from IT (business systems) in to plumbing and have already completed the level 1 course and waiting for the level 2 to start in September, I currently work 5 days a week but at some point I am going to leave but in the meantime I am on the hunt for someone I can shadow, help out gain experience etc in order to complete my Level 2 and NVQ. I have a friend (who is a plumber) who I have been out with over weekends and some evenings but he is currently going through a few family problems and isn’t working much himself.

I am aware that I now need to put a lot of hard work into learning the job and getting experience, as a result I’m more than happy to use my holiday from work to get some unpaid experience. If it was something you would consider longer term I am also keen to leave my job.

I also know that I am leaving a full time job and while learning and gaining my NVQ L2 the money is much less. I have a full driving licence and the willingness to work, be punctual, make the tea, learn new skills and everything else that’s involved in becoming qualified.

You will find me hard working and willing to learn as opposed to someone that has just come out of school. I have recently been heavily involved in fitting 2 new bathrooms (one was a wet room), a kitchen and a few other jobs. I am practically minded and able to lend my hand to most skills.
Its very hard to get all the information over and for you to still be reading at this point. I would be very interested in having a chat with anyone to try and explain myself a little better. If you feel you would be able to help me succeed and become a mentor or just offer some hands on experience then message through here.

Steven

I am still looking but now any plumbing work within Northamptonshire.

I have transport and now more tools as im working on a full bathroom at the moment. Apprentice, trainee, mate anything really.

I am trying to get some work so that I can NVQ my level 2. The level 2 course is fully paid for and I plan to pay for the NVQ part as well. I understand that some people think being an apprentice is a good way to get someone else to pay for the course. This isn’t the case, I have and will be paying for it all.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for work, Northampton area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
I’m due to finish my level 2 next year and I am looking for a plumbers mate work to gain some more experience, I have a basic theory knowledge in plumbing and still learning I’m currently looking to improve on the practical side on site. Is there any plumbers looking for someone? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock