Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for some advice on new toilet fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Got a tiler coming around to tile to toilet and thought i might aswell replace the old toilet.

Problem i can see is if i order a new toilet there is gonna be a big chance that the water feed pipe going to the old cistern will not line up with the new cistern.

I was thinking if i cut the copper pipe can i fit a flexible hose instead? that way i will get more options with the hose fitting the new cistern.

I have done a few pictures of the pipes and a diagram of what i mean.

Any idea if this can be done, if yes what will i need?

Looking forward to your thoughts

Jay

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Toilet.jpg

It all depends on which cistern you go for and the dimensions. Fittings wise, yes a full bore isolation valve, a 15mm x 1/2” flexible tap connector, and a single/double check valve if required (instructions should tell you that).

Thanks all, after having another look i think i will keep the toilet i have as it's excellent condition, all it really needs is a better seat.....no matter what seat i buy they all wobble/move over time.

I know how to remove the cistern but never removed a toilet before.

It has a flexible waste hose connected to it, are these glued on are do they just pull off?.....just need to remove it so he can tile underneath it.

Jay

Flexible pan connectors just pull out of pan and from soil pipe. They have push fit seals.
But be careful taking it off because it is ribbed inside same as outside and will have some unpleasant stuff attached.
Have a bag ready to put it in.
I just replaced a perfectly good used one rather than refitting it

Reply to Looking for some advice on new toilet fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock