Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for paid/un-paid plumbing work/experience in/around Plymouth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richy137

Hello, I have completed my level 2 (6035) course in Plumbing. I have since been looking for work/experience to gain my nvq but am actively seeking full-time employment as a plumber. I would also like to go on and obtain my nvq 3 and gas safe registration. Currently working full-time, happy to watch over a plumber on my days off, and hopefully gain full-time employment. Keen to learn, motivated to achieve and have my own vehicle and have started a tool collection.

Any help/advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks for reading

Hi Richy, Its sad to see that anyone with Nvq level2 has to try to get an unpaid job just to finish off there plumbing training. Your not the only one out there looking for this type off work so getting to inform local plumbers your available is paramount. Why not go round all your local plumbing merchants with a CV and ask them to display it at the trade counter. A young lad did this at my local merchant and got 3 job offers, Mainly due to his CV sounding enthusiastic but also that it was hand written.
Good luck Mate.

Thanks for the idea, I will give that a go. I have tried contacting so many local firms and I'm lucky to even get a response. I don't mind working for nothing on my days off from my current job in a call centre as you can't put a price on the experience I will gain. Also hoping by volunteering it gives me the chance to show how keen and willing I am and would hope it would lead to a job offer.

Posting on this forum shows your keen and willing. Try going in person to a few of your local firms to me shows more initiative than just calling. I gave a guy in your exact position a job after seeing a advert in a newspaper he placed offering to work for free. He work for me for 2 years and was payed a decent wage from day 1, eventually went on to work for Dolphin bathrooms just before I moved back to ***bria.

I have been into a few so far. Have been offered a job with a local firm but the start date keeps getting pushed back that's been going on since August so loosing hope with that one. I will get round all the merchants and visit some firms. Thanks for all the help

I've messaged you my number Rich, give me a call next week Tuesday the 1st. I'm off to Barcelona tonight for the weekend and not back until late Monday night. I'm based in Plymouth so if you give me a call I may be able to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for paid/un-paid plumbing work/experience in/around Plymouth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock