Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for Gas Fault Finding & Heating Controls Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

AJ9

Gas Engineer
Hi Folks
I'm a service engineer but looking to do a Course similar to Baxi's Fault Finding & heating Controls course. The company I work for aren't able to give me the extra training I want which is frustrating as I want to progress onto Repair/Breakdown.
I'd also be happy of opportunity to even work with a company if they will provide me with the Training I need to develop myself.
I live in Lanarkshire, Scotland but willing to travel if I can find a decent course.
I want it to contain:

Boiler Fault Finding:

• Multimeter training
  • Electrical Safety tests
  • Testing pumps
  • Testing switches
  • Testing fans
  • Fan switches
  • Temperature sensors and stats
  • Diverter Valves
  • Domestic Heat Exchangers
  • Expansion Vessels
Wiring & Heating Controls:

• 3 Port 2 Port rigs
  • Frost Protection
  • S.I. Programmers
  • Zone Valves
  • Sequence of Wiring
  • Fault Finding

Honeywell do a decent course for your wiring and heating controls course. Baxi have a training centre located in Glasgow,also the Worcester courses are pretty good. I advised on another thread that the John Reginald books are a food reference material. Essential electrics course covers safe isolation. Search on amazon. Good luck :D

Cbw1982
Thanks very much. I've managed to get a hold of the Electricity for plumbers coursework & I've got a fault finding course with Vokera tomorrow. I've registered with Baxi for next course too. I'm quite happy to do this in my own time so I can build up my knowledge. Next move is hopefully get a job with an independent Heating company who I can learn from but of course it's not as easy to find someone willing to provide some training even though I'm happy to take a wage reduction as I want to learn

Hi mate, I'm also looking into doing some similar training courses. I'm based in Stirling. Currently employed but planning to go out on my own in year or two and need to further my knowledge. How much was the baxi course? How did the Vokera course go?

You’ll find quite a lot of training videos have been ripped off and ended up on YouTube. You can find lots of good information on safe electrical working practices and fault finding. Actual gas based stuff isn’t very common but HeatingGeek and PB Plumber amongst others post some useful tutorials.

As others have said John Reginald has some good books. I thought Gas Installation Technology by Terloar was quite good, but it’s a bit more general.

Reply to Looking for Gas Fault Finding & Heating Controls Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock