Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Looking for advice regarding a sink waste pipe behind toilet waste pipe. in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. tmm

tmm New Member

Hi
    My sink waste pipe is behind the toilet waste pipe and i need to somehow get my sink waste over the top or under my toilet waste pipe. My sink is going to be fitted other side of bath approx 8 foot from main waste outlet. If i fit a 90 degree bend up and over and back down to the floor and run a waste pipe to my sink under the bath would the waste still work and run outside?
    I have attached a photo. Sorry my description is not the best.

waste pipe.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Gonna need more info as I’m afraid that makes no sense do you mean basin waste or a sink waste as we’d treat the two as different. Sink kitchen basin bathroom. It sounds as if you’re asking if water will drain if you make almost an “n” shape over the toilet waste pipe. Water will not run up hill

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tmm

tmm New Member

Hi Riley
    Its a basin bathroom

4. tmm

tmm New Member

Yeah that’s what I’m asking Riley. Do you know another way of doing it then?

5. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Well the only way to do it is with a continuous fall to avoid blockage. I don’t mean to sound rude but your pic doesn’treally show anything. Perhaps draw up a plan of the bathroom and post. I assume you’re doing it yourself??

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The only way is to bring the basin waste above the toilet one can't go lower than what's already there

Hope this makes sense