Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice on plumbing training in scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im craig, 30 been plumbing away and other handyman tasks on the side for about 4 years whilst working full time, Im self employed got proper insurances tax.... work is famine or feast but I seem to be turning away unvented work I cant even get my G3 without going through an apprenticeship route, I dont even know if i can send my self to college can I?

I'm in irvine, west of scotland I'm itching to get a proper course under my belt( so i can officially call my self a plumber) I know I could go do a gas course in 6 months and register with gassafe be let loose and make to money but I want to be a wet plumber first.

I tried to get someone to take me on, but the wage was the issue he was not willing to pay £50 a day 2 years ago so i had to leave and find something else, still on good terms gives me advice when I'm stuck

just wondering whats other peoples suggestions regarding training course and maybe someone has had a similar experience

Either way thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Craig

im pretty sure you can do your unvented without any qualifications as long as you can prove that you have plumbing experience prior to the course.

If you are currently working self employed you don't really need any formal qualifications to work as a plumber. I know what you mean it seems a bit silly to call yourself a 'plumber' with no quals but that's up to you to decide if it's worth the lost work going to college, and the potential cost of doing a course.

You can do the NVQ self employed so that would help as you will need onsite assessments.

im pretty sure you can do your unvented without any qualifications as long as you can prove that you have plumbing experience prior to the course.

If you are currently working self employed you don't really need any formal qualifications to work as a plumber. I know what you mean it seems a bit silly to call yourself a 'plumber' with no quals but that's up to you to decide if it's worth the lost work going to college, and the potential cost of doing a course.

You can do the NVQ self employed so that would help as you will need onsite assessments.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. I contacted a localish college they told me I can get on the course if I send a copy of my P L insurance which states my trade and a letter on letter headed paper to say I have have been working in this field for x years. Once I have that ill just shelf the college idea for a wee while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for advice on plumbing training in scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock