Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a plumbing apprenticeship around Norfolk area Kings Lynn +20/30 miles... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete3690

Hi everyone, currently on an evening course aiming towards my level 1 and in need of an apprenticeship to continue.

If anyone knows off any available or links to any please feel free to help me out! Thanks guys & girls :)

well I wrote/sent out about 10-15 letters & c.v's had to replies back saying no since 15/12/11 :\

anyone know what else I can try? I'll be sending out the same again later on this month :)

Just some examples of work that I've done on my evening course, so here goes.

2011-11-29204930.jpg

2012-01-17210303.jpg

2012-01-17210249.jpg

2012-01-17210239.jpg

the above pictures are both my assignments, the one below was just some random work we had to do.

2011-12-13205832.jpg

Re: Looking for a plumbing apprenticeship around Norfolk area Kings Lynn +20/30 miles

Well I have now finished all my Level 1, finished the written work today, If anyone knows of anywhere taking on let me know please.

Re: Looking for a plumbing apprenticeship around Norfolk area Kings Lynn +20/30 miles

sorry i cant help you at all but i am loving that copper pipework especially at the whb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i cant help you at all but i am loving that copper pipework especially at the whb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats ok, thanks very much :)

i agree with scotty plumber very neat and tidy work there pat yourself on the back and good luck in your search.

i agree with scotty plumber very neat and tidy work there pat yourself on the back and good luck in your search.
As above thanks very much, flattering to be honest, never done any of this type of work before. Got made redundant back in August & the misses signed me up to do this evening course, was a bit reluctant at the time as didn't know what to expect. Now however I love doing it, first time ever I'm looking forward to going to college every week, to learn more about it. Would be better if it was a permanent job, would love going to work every day. Finished my Level 1, with 6 weeks left so going to try get in as much knowledge from the tutors as possible. Peter.

Your pipework would put a lot of plumbers i know pipework to shame, keep it up and if you are making a cv be sure to include your pictures

Your pipework would put a lot of plumbers i know pipework to shame, keep it up and if you are making a cv be sure to include your pictures
Thanks again, I haven't been including pictures, but will do from now on, again thanks.

Would just like to say, I finished my college course last night, all paper work upto date. Just waiting on the certificate now :)

Still looking :\

Should be fitting a Toilet & sink into mine & the misses house, will get some pictures at the weekend guys :)

Get a decent portfolio together mate and definately include some of those pictures. VERY very clean work and a great attention to detail that a lot of working plumbers severley lack. Hope you get something sorted soon!

Get a decent portfolio together mate and definately include some of those pictures. VERY very clean work and a great attention to detail that a lot of working plumbers severley lack. Hope you get something sorted soon!

Thanks, yeah Im hoping something comes up soon to be honest.

My C.V currently has all the photo's in of my work so far so I shall update this thread with more pictures as well as my C.V :)

so doing some work in mine & the misses house, just a toilet & basin. Had an issue though, need to get some mounting brackets for the basin as none where include, also needed some more pipe to extend the waste pipe but couldnt get into town to get some, so everything is done bar the basin. But pipe work to the toilets all now done etc, I shall let you look at some pictures of the pipe work and toilet :)

Room, Pipework, Toilet & Basin before:

2012-02-25155815.jpg

2012-02-25155847.jpg

2012-02-25155931.jpg

After, Well, New Pipework & Toilet fitted:

2012-02-26154329.jpg

2012-02-26154339.jpg

2012-02-26154356.jpg

2012-02-26160908.jpg

Now, not to happy about the pipe clip, way off center :\ lol

2012-02-26160925.jpg

2012-02-26161053.jpg

^^ Looks on the wonk, but spirit level says otherwise lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Should be boxing it all in, so dont worry it wont stay like that :p

looks good so far, although i would have fitted an iso valve to the toilet feed.

looks good so far, although i would have fitted an iso valve to the toilet feed.

I did:

2012-02-26160925.jpg

Sorry about the picture, dont know what happened there tbh :\

All looks nice and neat, might want to think about the isolation valve though wont be able to access it if you box it in. might have been an idea to have got the flexi with one built in.

All looks nice and neat, might want to think about the isolation valve though wont be able to access it if you box it in. might have been an idea to have got the flexi with one built in.

Yeah We thought about that, but the box that will run along the wall will be removable to get to the ISO Valve, I did want to get it but for some reason or another I changed my mind, dont know why lol :)

lol :)

So finished off the Basin today:

2012-02-27143114.jpg

Hot & Cold ISO Valves:

2012-02-27143129.jpg

We have water :D

2012-02-27143201.jpg

No leaks, all tight, now just needs boxing in and the cosmetic, paint & tiling then it will be complete :)

good job there well done

Looks good mate well done. Dont want to nit pick but shouldnt the hot tap be on the left?

Im sorry mate dont want to sound negative after your hard work.

so guys, put my non-existent carpentry skills to the test, by boxing in the pipe work:

2012-03-03172917.jpg

2012-03-04152838.jpg

2012-03-04152846.jpg

2012-03-04152855.jpg

Let me know what you think as usual people :)

well done looking good

Just pop the caps of the top of the basin taps, undo the grub screw and swap the blue plastic ring for the red plastic ring. Simples.
Nice work by the way.

Sorry buddy, missed one of your posts.
The aforementioned only applies if you have put the taps on the wrong way un-knowingly( which I have done plenty of times,lol)
Site newbie ya see :svengo:

Just pop the caps of the top of the basin taps, undo the grub screw and swap the blue plastic ring for the red plastic ring. Simples.
Nice work by the way.
Sorry buddy, missed one of your posts.
The aforementioned only applies if you have put the taps on the wrong way un-knowingly( which I have done plenty of times,lol)
Site newbie ya see :svengo:

Haha thanks anyway bud, I'll remember that in case I ever do that :p

thanks to all who commented with such nice things to say, hopefully I can get a placement some where and be on here showing you all more work I gt to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a plumbing apprenticeship around Norfolk area Kings Lynn +20/30 miles... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock