Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a Plumbers Mate in the Midlands area? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunny2282

Left the Army after completing 14 years service and was chose a career in Plumbing.

Enrolled with OLCI in Birmingham back in October 2012 doing my 6189 level 2 and 3.

Just completed my Level 2 and need my onsite assessments to be completed to achieve my certificate before starting my level 3 with Gas option included.

just recently finished onsite contract work so have my CSCS card,unfortunately there wasn't enough time to have the assessments done as the contract finished as I finished the college side of things.

I have onsite experience with 1st and 2nd fixes on bathrooms and kitchens. Am able to fit a full bathroom suite unsupervised and also 1st and 2nd fix Kitchens. also am able to plaster patch if required (limited experience)

I come with my own Van and Tools

I would describe myself as a very hard and dedicated loyal worker. Always willing to learn

I live in the Acocks Green area and am willing to travel.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please pm me.

Thank you

Michael.

Hi dunny2282,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are looking for work experience with a plumbing company. Our job placement advisor may be able to assist you (if you haven’t already been in touch with us). Please contact him on 0800 316 8100. Although we cannot guarantee work, we will do what we can to help you.

Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

You will have to sit a bpec skill test or a SNIPEF skills test as a starting point to access your career. I'm in the similar stages as yourself and its difficult competing against the youths of today. I am based up in the highlands and starting in 2 weeks ill be doing a per apprentice course which will cover the basics getting into a full apprenticeship.
I've applied to company's myself and its really tough but if you stick in you will get someone. Even doing your own research and doing basic plumbing will gain yourself some experience. Also show photos of your work will show that your keen and willing. Eg I ripped out my own bathroom from scratch and concealed all the new pipe work into the wall and did everything from start to finish and it paid off. i learned it all online so go and try it out for yourself!. As I'm waiting on hearing back from a company and out of 60 applicants there were only 8 and I was one of the lucky ones. But if I don't get the apprenticeship my next plan is going to college for the npa plumbing course.

Good luck mate and the sound of your back ground I'm sure you will succeed with 110% if not more.

Last edited:
I've completed all my tests that are required... I'm working at the moment but we just boiler fits but no bathrooms and that's what I need to do for my on site assessment... I'm sure something will turn up, just have to be patient.

will ur bathroom install from your portfolio from college not be enogh for the assesment

Thank you.. Didn't realise how hard it actually is to find this sort of work, and most people won't take you on because I ain't qualified. The amount of times I've said I'm qualified, just need to be seen in the workplace actually doing what I've been taught to achieve the certificate. I need this as I'm keen to start my level 3 Gas... Grrrr.. Can be very frustrating at times, but hey ho... Patience is the key :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a Plumbers Mate in the Midlands area? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock