Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a chance - 25 year old, West Midlands based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richyrich

Hi all. Just another shout out to anybody who has space for me - West Midlands based (Dudley/Birmingham/Stourbridge/Sandwell)

I will be doing a course soon and can already do basic Plumbing tasks. I have my own small van, my own tools and a brain! Willing to get stuck and make your job easier in return to learn as much as I can.

Just need that one person to give me a chance and I'll prove my worth. I will labour for you, make drinks etc etc, even core drill!!....Whatever you want me to do (No sexual favours!):nono:

Im a 25 year old chap with a good attitude, great with customers and enjoyable to be around unless your my Mrs!:D Plenty of experience on site with my Building background so not scared of getting stuck in. I have my own plumbing books and watch/read tutorials online so also have genuine interest.

Will consider any trial, part time, full time, weekends etc...Very flexible.

Please get in touch if you can offer anything.
Thanks, Rich.

Your plenty young enough. Knock some doors mate as it's always harder to say no in person

There was a labourer on site today with plumbing qualifications painting walls we got talking and I told him how I once got a job he genuinely hadn't thought of it and I thought it was an obvious idea.

I got up nice and early on a Monday went to the merchants just before opening and introduced myself to anyone and everyone sat in a van waiting for opening then stood in the merchants doing the same by 9:30 I had a job.

Cheers lads.

Some good tips there. Will definitely be trying those this week. I've also put a similar ad on Gumtree to get more coverage.

JCS - If you lived closer to me I'd be straight round!

Good luck , keep trying lot of other people in same boat ! Need to reconsider the sexual favours though, could help.

Keep at it mate. It's a shame seeing Young chaps out there with a keen interest and are willing to work. I work for the local council and the amount of apprentice's I go through who have no interest to learn or work but know somone who got them the job. Seems to b who you know and not what u know

Yep, very true. Ive worked with two plumbers but one is best mates with my current boss so its a bit awkward and they would probably fall out if he "stole" me. I do some weekends with him whenever he has work. The other guy had enough of being self employed and got a job just servicing boilers with a company.

I would be willing to place any kind of bet that I'll be well worthwhile. Some who have never worked before are scared of a little sweat. Being a builder/labourer hard graft is what I do day in day out and still manage to smile. Tell me what to do and I do it, thats how I am.

For anybody out there who is local, there might also be a job for you rearranging a bathroom and installing a shower cubicle (Its my Moms house) So taking me on, you would instantly be onto a job.

Update: Seeing as I have a week off, I decided to get out there and meet people.

I went to a number of plumbing companies (Small family businesses mostly) and two of them have given me some hope (Hope meaning they didn't give me a straight "No" lol)

Will be following them up at the end of the week and ringing around. Tomorrow I will be doing the same again and knocking doors.

I find it a LOT easier actually meeting in person than speaking over the phone. I might even go as far as writing a script for the firms who only provide a number because I've made a list over over 60 companies :20:

Yep, very true. Ive worked with two plumbers but one is best mates with my current boss so its a bit awkward and they would probably fall out if he "stole" me. I do some weekends with him whenever he has work. The other guy had enough of being self employed and got a job just servicing boilers with a company.

I would be willing to place any kind of bet that I'll be well worthwhile. Some who have never worked before are scared of a little sweat. Being a builder/labourer hard graft is what I do day in day out and still manage to smile. Tell me what to do and I do it, thats how I am.

For anybody out there who is local, there might also be a job for you rearranging a bathroom and installing a shower cubicle (Its my Moms house) So taking me on, you would instantly be onto a job.

Have you considered having a go at the Bathroom yourself , take photos at different stages so that you could show prospective employers something you have done !!

Yeah I have thought about it. I could quite comfortably rearrange the bathroom, plumb everything back in and re-do the waste pipes. The only things im not so sure with is the electric shower and the tiling. It will be staying where it is but the pipes need adjusting/hiding so would probably need a false wall. She wants a qualified person to have a go. After trying to convince her for 15 minutes I gave up but tempted to try again.

Update: Today I rang up the companies I visited on Monday but no good news yet. Struggling to find any more companies now. Most are sole traders and probably dont need another guy or might not have the work to offer. Surely there has to be somebody out there!

Offer yourself for free on the odd weekend day here and there. If your any good they will ask for your help on larger jobs. Shine again and then your in mate. Get that foot in the door and show them your no slouch

I'm definitely up for weekends and have done work for a guy before but he wont take me on (The guy is best friends with my boss lol!)

Yesterday was a good day. One company I spoke to said I sound keen and they have looked through my CV and will be in touch in August/September time. Another company sounded even more promising and he has been looking for somebody for a while and once his current workload settles down, he will be in touch. I sent a strong email across to him and I have a lot of positivity running through my veins at the moment!

Hi everyone. Just an update to give others hope.

Since I last posted on here, I carried on contacting pretty much every firm I could find. Anyway, one guy I called happened to be looking for somebody and had been for a while. He's had a couple of guys before who were no good (Either not interested or just struggling)

I met him and worked alongside him and it continued from there. I am with him 3 days per week on a casual basis. He is on holiday for 3 weeks at the moment so when he gets back, he said he might think about putting me on the books. Luckily I had a small pot of savings from my previous jobs which enabled me to take the drop in hours/wages.

I have learnt loads and worked on lots of different systems so really enjoying it. My next step is to enroll on a course.

Also, if anybody needs a hand in the next 3 weeks before he gets back just message me.
I am a hard worker and was even told by the guy I work with (He is ex commando so I must be doing something right lol)

To everyone out there, keep trying. Look back at my posts and it took a while. I came back and tried again and found something. Just keep trying....Just dont contact the guy im with and undercut me lol!

It always helps when you actually "want" to do the job! Your enthusiasm has obviously paid off mate! All the best.

Good to have the follow up Rich sounds like you've landed on your feet!
First two years of apprenticeship were the toughest for me. If I could give you any tips Id say keep your head down, work hard and learn.. work over and above of what you are asked, never idle there is always van to sort and floors to sweep. After your level 2 you can start plumbing full-time, less dirty jobs.. it gets a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a chance - 25 year old, West Midlands based in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock