Search the forum,

Discuss Looking at a change over. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PuraTherm

I've been thinking about getting a change over to LPG. I am also looking at oil. I'm in the Reading area and oil is definately more prevelant. What's your thoughts? Anyone out there have these certs and how much call is there for them?
Thanks in advance guys.

Got LPG last year specifically for a new build job in rural non gas area of kent. Had a couple of LPG jobs since and feel as though its a handy ticket to have. Had no enquiries about oil and speaking to the Calor rep. people seem to be changing from oil to LPG in the Kent area

Oil is cracking stuff*!!

BUT

It might be worth checking your prices. We ordered some oil recently and it was 41.9p per litre. A friend of ours ordered some recently and her price was 57p. We live in Herefordshire and she lives in Hampshire.

* I'm biased because I service oil boilers and don't touch gas and I have had oil heating for years.

I thought you were changing your own central heating and I was going to quote 10 grand mates rates for you you know...:)

ecowarm, do you have your oil, if so is it useful?

Im OFTEC Registered and dont do a lot of oil but I maintain and service a school heating system, plus the odd install and service aswell.

I'm trying to get into the renewable market, that is far harder.

Eco

Thanks guys for the answers. Oh and mrlennie, I would have to bill double to work on my own heating system. Gotta pay for the beer some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking at a change over. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock