Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Plus 35kw - Regular low pressure warnings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, any help appreciated.

Had a Logic Plus 35kw combi installed in early 2016. All working great until recently.

Late Nov last year, we got the following error;
'Low Water Pressure - 1 fill system to 1.0 bar - 2 bleed rads - 3 contact installer'

Good news is filling the system worked and boiler came back on.

December, happened again. Filling system worked again. Now happened a further two times. Filling system works each time.

Any ideas what might be causing it and how I might prevent it from happening? It's a bit of a pain as the boiler is in the loft space.

Many thanks,

Sound like you have a steady loss of pressure. Have you noticed any water dripping from the prv outside at all?

Sound like you have a steady loss of pressure. Have you noticed any water dripping from the prv outside at all?

Thanks for coming back Craig. That's the weird thing - first thing that occurred to me was leak. However I've checked the boiler, and no signs of leaking, and I've also check as much of the rest of our central heating system as is visible and can't see anything.... Maybe under the floor I suppose...

Must have a leak somewhere bud ? the boiler has a 7 year warranty you could get Ideal out to check the boiler over but beware if it turns out to be leakage from somewhere else they will charge you . Kop

It could be coming from anywhere. If your topping up every couple of weeks then it's likely not a big leak so could take some time before any signs of a leak appear in your house. I'd call an enginner to check your boiler and system over.

Thank you to everybody who has responded, it is much appreciated.

I've had a good look over the boiler, the piping from this and the visible piping to the heating systems and I still can't see any leak. So as suggested on here, I'll get a engineer out.

Yes, boiler is under warranty and warranty is registered.

Just a side point. Called Ideal - they said there is no risk of charges against me even if it is a leak. They apparently just investigate the boiler and if they can rule it out as the cause, they will simply advise that I call a plumber to investigate for a leak as a next step. They don't charge for call outs etc. Actually very impressed with the service so far.

Last edited:
Thank you to everybody who has responded, it is much appreciated.

I've had a good look over the boiler, the piping from this and the visible piping to the heating systems and I still can't see any leak. So as suggested on here, I'll get a engineer out.

Yes, boiler is under warranty and warranty is registered.

Just a side point. Called Ideal - they said there is no risk of charges against me even if it is a leak. They apparently just investigate the boiler and if they can rule it out as the cause, they will simply advise that I call a plumber to investigate for a leak as a next step. They don't charge for call outs etc. Actually very impressed with the service so far.

If you happen to be there at the time that Ideal come to check the system you might ask them if the expansion vessel pre charge and cold fill pressure are the same, 1.0 bar in your case, this seems to be the "standard" procedure because the integrated expansion vessels are so compact that there is little/no allowance for a small cold fill reserve in the expansion vessel. This is achieved by having a differential of 0.3/0.5 bar between the the pre charge pressure and the cold fill pressure (pre charge always < cold fill pressure). For example if the boiler has a 8 litre expansion vessel fitted then there will be a 2 litre cold fill reserve with a pre charge of 0.5 bar and a fill pressure of 1 bar. Assuming system contents of 100 litres and a 2.5% expansion then the final pressure would be 2.4 bar.
I know that 2 litre reserve wold be quickly used up if you have a leak but IMO by having no reserve whatsoever means that there is far more frequent topping up even in a "100%" tight system as water is incompressible.

I thought I would return and let you know the resolution.

The Ideal engineer found that the heat exchanger in the boiler was leaking. He replaced the unit which took about an hour and a half.

Fingers crossed that’s the end of that.

Thanks again everybody.

Reply to Logic Plus 35kw - Regular low pressure warnings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock