Search the forum,

Discuss Logic Combi 35 - constantly on regardless of thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Just before Christmas I had an issue with my Logic Combi 35 whereby it was constantly calling for the central heating to be on.
Even with my room thermostats set to 18 degrees, it was still heating the house to between 21 and 23 degrees.
The only way to make the heat bearable was to turn the central heating temprature down using the dial on the front of the boiler.
If I turn the boiler to hot water only the boiler still seems to be firing due to the noise and pressure increase.
Turning the boiler off using the front dial also has no effect.
The only way to stop the boiler is to turn it off at the plug but owing to the cold temperatures I don't want to do that for too long due to risk of burst pipes.

By the time I got someone out to look at it the problem had rectified itself and no problem could be found.
In this recent cold snap the exact same problem has happened again which is making me think it must be a seized valve or similar that is only happening in extreme temperatures.

Any ideas?

TIA

Paul

Hi - I'm an Electrician (snowed in today) and my thought is the two port valve may have malfunctioned and electrically is always asking for heat. I'm sure Plumbers will have advice. Any pics?

Good evening. You have this post here on this already. Surely you would have had an engineer look at this since March. How is the problem still present in November. Some 8 months later. Also do you have a 30 or 35 as one post says logic 30 and one logic 35?

Reply to Logic Combi 35 - constantly on regardless of thermostat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock