Search the forum,

Discuss Logic combi 30 L2 Fault code - won't reset ..help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kx07fdp

Hi
Our 3 year old Logic Combi 30 has a fault code of L2 which I understand means the boiler won't ignite.
I've poured warm water on the pipe outside, as I understand condensation may have blocked pipes in the cold weather.
This worked last year but doesn't seemed to have worked this winter.
We managed to get the unit to work yesterday after a reset (read that if the bar pressure was increased to over 2.1 it may work - it did)
We do have a small leak in the system - needs topping up every 2 weeks (I know we need this sorting asap, but the leak is under solid floor).

When I try and reset, the boiler sounds as though it "bubbling" or a "gurgling". It tries a few times then L2 comes on the screen.

Is there anything else I can try without getting someone out?

What could the fault be? and what costs would be involved in getting a L2 fault fixed?

Cheers in advance
Chris

unfortunately chris this is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. We are not allowed to advise you on the forum other than to get a gsr to have a look.

Cheers Michael....I've just read that information can't be given without a certificate - obviously I don't have that as a home owner, but I know a home owner can just press a reset button on the unit or do the trick with the warm water. Didn't know if there were any other tips without messing about with the unit.
I've got a fault finding book given to me by Logic.
The possible faults in order are:
Replace gas valve.
If above fine, replace Spark generator
If above fine, replace Ignition Electrode

Could anyone give me an idea of costs involved on the above scenarios
(I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne)

Yeah, its definately gurgling - strange because its certainly not too cold now in Newcastle, so I'd be surprised if I've got to pour warm water on pipe again (assuming its a frozen)
It was fitted by WarmFront around 2 1/2 years ago.

Hi guys got a fault code L 3 flashing up on same boiler but can i find the code int book
i think its a fan fault running slow but unable to prove it ' dose any one know what L3 genraly is
thanks .

Hi guys got a fault code L 3 flashing up on same boiler but can i find the code int book
i think its a fan fault running slow but unable to prove it ' dose any one know what L3 genraly is
thanks .
Hi - just looked in the booklet - L3 = "no water flow lockout".
Says to check the water flow thermistor and connections / check the flow and return thermistors. Also check if the pump is rotating freely. (I'm just writing as its printed - I'm no plumber)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - Just incase anyone has this problem and is looking at what the problem could be, I want to let users know the problem has been fixed. It was the condensation trap/siphon. Once this was unscrewed, a huge bit of white cr@p came out. I understand this was rust inhibitor. This was causing the fault. Everything working fine now. Cheers for help. Chris

Hi - Just incase anyone has this problem and is looking at what the problem could be, I want to let users know the problem has been fixed. It was the condensation trap/siphon. Once this was unscrewed, a huge bit of white cr@p came out. I understand this was rust inhibitor. This was causing the fault. Everything working fine now. Cheers for help. Chris[/QUOTE

Just so you know the white stuff that came out is condensate deposits from the combustion chamber this will acumulate naturally over time and requires cleaning out on each service if not this will be a problem you will get repeatedly

No problem the old isar has the same issue so make sure whoever services it for you does a proper job and cleans the sump and trap out

sorry to high jack thread and thanks for L3 info dont know where you found it i still cant find it . but its correct L3 = flow fault lock out . turned out flow thermistor was weaping accross contacts dried that out and it starts flashing F O thats great i thought its telling me to eff off but no its another code for flow fault , there was me thinking Ideal had sorted there problems how wrong

sorry to high jack thread and thanks for L3 info dont know where you found it i still cant find it . but its correct L3 = flow fault lock out . turned out flow thermistor was weaping accross contacts dried that out and it starts flashing F O thats great i thought its telling me to eff off but no its another code for flow fault , there was me thinking Ideal had sorted there problems how wrong

No problem - all the info was in the service manual the guys left me. I'm certain if you searched for the pdf file for Logic boilers you'll get a copy free of charge. (by the way...boiler still working fine and water nice and warm!)

And far too much info for an open forum has been shared.

Closing thread.

IF YOU ARE GSR PLEASE PROVE IT THEN CONTINUE THIS IN THE GSR PRIVATE FORUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic combi 30 L2 Fault code - won't reset ..help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock