Search the forum,

Discuss Loctite 577 opinions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
Anybody use this?
If so what do you use it on most and what’s the verdict ?
Just bought myself a bottle.
Pricier than I expected o_O

Brilliant from memory I think @ShaunCorbs Told me it can be used on any metal thread as long as it’s clean

Last edited:
It’s brilliant it might be expensive but it’s guaranteed first time I’ve never had a problem and can be removed easily

The only bad thing is once set. If you crack the fitting. That whole fitting has to be done again.

It’s gas tight instantly but if you want it at a special angle normally an hour to be hard

It says cure time is 1/3 hours. But I have been told you can get an activator that speeds that up

I haven’t used it on gas yet.

Ive used it for over 20 year and not had one failed joint. Instant low pressure seal on gas

Numpty question, as I’ve never used it... could you use it on 1/2 rad tails straight into a cast iron radiator?

I think it does upto 10 bar but not 100% sure

Mmmmmm, that’s good to know. I’m currently doing a job, where I’ve got lots and lots of repro cast iron rads with polished brass valves. I would’ve boss white and hemped the threads

Mmmmmm, that’s good to know. I’m currently doing a job, where I’ve got lots and lots of repro cast iron rads with polished brass valves. I would’ve boss white and hemped the threads
The cure time is about 3 hours. Just so you know and once the joints are set if adjusted need to be sealed again.

Reply to Loctite 577 opinions? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock