Search the forum,

Discuss loctite 55 as thread sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

If the thread is super smooth (well machined) I take an old screwdriver and drag it vertically down the thread to create a key for the loctite to grab to. In addition I apply from the start of the thread (ie the first thread to enter the fitting) towards the top, then back down to the start. This way the loctite is pretty sure to be dragged into the thread rather than pushed out when tightened. Love the stuff…don’t get me started on CT1

Loctite 55 is very good on rad tails, but I often do it with hemp and paste.

PTFE I keep for threads I don't want to seize up, and for wrapping 3/4" olives to allow connection to 1/2" alkathene. Wouldn't use PTFE to attempt to seal a thread out of choice.

Reply to loctite 55 as thread sealant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi I have installed my concealed shower valve and fitted wall panels, I'm soon ready to put shower fittings through the panels and screw them into the wall plate elbows. My question is what shall I use to seal the threads in the most effective way? I have Loctite thread locker as the thread...
Replies
Views
I have a Victoria Plumbing concealed valve with 3/4" and 1/2" female inlets/outlets. I need to connect male iron 90 degree elbows (with compression fittings to the pipework). Should I use straight or parallel threads into the valve? I am thinking that I can use straight if I use Loctite 55 cord...
Replies
Views
I have a waste pipe to install and it's giving this warning "Acetoxy sealants must not be used, as they may be detrimental to the plastic used in the manufacture of this gully." What exactly are the acetoxy sealants to be avoided? Be really grateful for any advice Thank you
Replies
Views
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler doesn't work radiators not working radiators or heating system is cold thermostat wont work or respond Then post a reply in this thread. Rather than us...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock