Search the forum,

Discuss level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james

Hi all..ive done my 6129 and am doing the 6089 now, ive just came across a level 3 city & guilds which contains gas its a follow on from the 6129, entry requirement are 6129 or 6089..have any of you heard of this and is it worth doing..thanks.

i think you'll find you'll have to do level 2 before you can do a level 3.

From what I can see in your post, it looks like you are completing NVQ level 2 after passing the 6129 level 2.
Level 3 involves doing Gas with all the gas hours needed by going out working and then the ACS assessments etc. Level 3 qualifications also cover the Water regs, part P, unvented, part L which allows you to sign up to the competent persons schemes that corgi etc run.
I believe that the 6129 level 3 is mainly about customer relations etc.

Could be worth a trip to C&G website to confirm?

6129 l3 is the same as the relationship between 6129l2 and 6089(nvq)2.
6129 is the college based stuff, gas, wiring, complex systems etc. the nvq3 is all the site stuff plus water regs unvented and ACS.
any further q's?

Hi,

I am very new to all this, i recently applied for a position with Btsc in Manchester. I went for me interview sat a little test and passed. What my problem is, is the whole thing with Btsc seems to good to be true....My thoughts are telling me not to do this as the cost for the whole course is a few quid short of ÂŁ8,000. That is for the whole course and it also last 22months. Looking around on the internet there are courses available for half the price and the time is around 10 weeks. Please can anybody help me with regards to btsc, or even give me advice on how to be a fully qualified plumber as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I passed my city and guilds level 3 gas course and need to complete a portfolio. I have a job waiting for me with my local council, but need to complete this in order to work for them. It has been soooo stressful I've been let down so many times and keep having to tell my job that I have been...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I’m currently a 24 year old level 3 NVQ plumber from the Manchester area, I am starting a gas training course next month which after/during the course I am required to find work experience where i will be supervised by a gas safe engineer. For my portfolio, i must provide a...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
D
Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and Heating course. I then went on to work for a small company domestically as an apprentice for 3 years which was good, really enjoyed and I learned a lot...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
D
Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and Heating course. I then went on to work for a small company domestically as an apprentice for 3 years which was good, really enjoyed and I learned a lot...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock