Search the forum,

Discuss Let me be your fantasy... No wait, plumbers mate. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M_dw

Hi all,
My name is Michael and this is my first post, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.
I am currently completing my NVQ Level 2 plumbing at the brilliant InterPlumb college in Erith. I am thoroughly enjoying this and feel I am expanding with knowledge every week I attend. Which is a lot more than I can say for my employers, I work for a large company that has a contract with a large housing association. At first I was really happy with everything, soaking up plenty of experience to do with plumbing maintenance. It was going so well that for a month when they were short of plumbers I had a van with a number of jobs to attend and complete on my own. I know it was naughty of them but I was excited at the fact that I was out on my own using my tools visiting and completing jobs. This came to an abrupt end when a roofer lost his labourer to an injury. I was told that he needed my help as he needed someone with him, I was told it was only temporary until they hire a new labourer. I agreed as I wanted to help and getting some knowledge to do with roofing will definitely be useful! 5 months later and asking a numerous of times still no labourer. I now feel that a little knowledge of plumbing will be useful for my roofing! I'm constantly looking for another employer but am finding it difficult to do so, my course is paid for and can be transferred with no problem. I will need the one day off to attend college but apart from that I am extremely flexible! (And not in a gymnastic way) I live in Dartford and have my own car. So if anyone is interested in taking on a very hard working, punctual, interested apprentice then please let me know. Thank you.

Just stay employed with the company you are with, get your ticket and then make a decision.

If I was your employer and you an apprentice - who wasn't happy with the job they were doing, I would 'not' politely ask you to leave.

Why don't you just bide your time - get paid from your boss and soak up the knowledge that he is paying you to soak up.

It may just help you in the future!!!!!!

Your obviously charismatic, egocentric, but your still an apprentice.

There is a huge graveyard of charismatic, egocentric apprentices - just don't become one of them

Just stay employed with the company you are with, get your ticket and then make a decision.

If I was your employer and you an apprentice - who wasn't happy with the job they were doing, I would 'not' politely ask you to leave.

Why don't you just bide your time - get paid from your boss and soak up the knowledge that he is paying you to soak up.

There is a huge graveyard of charismatic, egocentric apprentices - just don't become one of them

Other than the fact that he is a plumbing apprentice, doing roofing for 5 months? Not soaking up the knowledge he signed up to soak up!

As above, read the lads post oz !!

Have you told them at Intaplumb & JTL about it & that you have been looking ?

Thanks Chris. My college know that I don't work with a plumber but I haven't sat down with my tutors and asked them for advice. Perhaps I should, but I can't see them saying anything other than find another employer. It was my accessor that told me if I find a new employer then he will do all the work involved transferring it all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Let me be your fantasy... No wait, plumbers mate. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock