Search the forum,

Discuss Legionella Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

I am doing a 2-day legionella training course soon which will qualify me to do all the associated stuff ( clean tank's, test water and whatever else is involved in it?? What is everyone's opinion's on this?

Every year I think water cisterns should be cleaned etc.

I really do not know much about what i will be doing after the course and the dangers etc

sounds like a handy qually to have, will open doors for you in the future is it a one off or needs renewing

It is a renewing one i think similar to the asbestos refresher training, i think that the legionella is going to be a big part of my new job

Just done a one day course before Christmas BS6 Legionella L8 Awareness and System Monitoring Requirements
Eye opening stuff!! Powerpoint presentation ,open discussion ,lunch, quick recap ,finish with 40 question exam
closed book .Suggest you make notes as you go best of luck regards turnpin
icon7.png

Just done a one day course before Christmas BS6 Legionella L8 Awareness and System Monitoring Requirements
Eye opening stuff!! Powerpoint presentation ,open discussion ,lunch, quick recap ,finish with 40 question exam
closed book .Suggest you make notes as you go best of luck regards turnpin
icon7.png
Was the test easy enough?

Was the test easy enough?
Not too bad easy if you have a good memory haha! no seriously make notes as you go and look over them during your lunch break .Lots of references to H&S Riddor water regs but dont worry too much as they will give you all the info to pass during the course like I said earlier make notes as if there was one piece of advice I wish I had been given that was it.I am still waiting for a certificate from C&G best of luck regards turnpin P.S where are you doing your course
icon7.png

Hello all , reagarding legionella , can you peeps recomend a book or some online info to swat up on as i think i might have a course looming and i like to get a bit spamed up , thanks for any help . mark

Hi Mark the course I went on gave you a folder with all the info the only thing I can think of is maybe the H&SE website or maybe your local library or possibly Amazon may have something relevant good luck regards Turnpin:smiley2:

leepoll , what can i say apart from some heavy bedtime reading , many thanks for that at least i wont go in cold as at my age the grey matter needs a kick start early , cheers mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Legionella Training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
My ASHP has been set to 55 degrees C for the legionella in the control panel but I thought it had to be set to 60. Engineer seemed to think this is ok. I note that in 6 weeks I have had error E919 which is telling me the unit couldn't perform the correct heat for legionella thus the error code...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme (apprenticeship) I am now qualified in CCN1, CENWAT, MET1, Unvented, CONGLP1PD. I need to get my CONGLP1-LAV as that is the work I am hoping to predominately do...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am fortunate to be at the stage where I'm looking to expand and take on a plumber to help with the workload. I am new to this and cant figure out the best way to do it, i tried Indeed but the fees, in my opinion are wild. just wondering how everyone else manages to get round this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock