Search the forum,

Discuss leaking whirlpool bath pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rosszx10r

we've just had our bath fitted and must have knocked it as the is now a leak coming from one of the joints from the whirlpool pump we are unable to return it as was checkek not leaking what can i use to seal it ive tried normal plastic pipe glue but the pressure just pushes it out any ideas?

simples, get the fitter back in to sort it.
just cause it wernt leaking when he left dont mean it is fitted properly.

it was working fine when he left we knocked it now its leaking

its kinda covered in glue and close to bath its a t-joint and it leaking from inside the join

oh dear, your not having much luck are you?.
if it was the same plumber as who fitted your shower as in your other thread the wrong way around, surley when you call him back to rectify his bad workmanship he will fix the leak too out of embarracement?. still need a pic or full details of leak/type fitting/pipe/angle etc as there are various ways to repair.

the bath came with all the pipes fitted and motor attached i will try and get you a picture now

imag0001uu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

picture uploaded

Last edited by a moderator:
it should be covered by guarantee. ask your fitter to sort it with supplier.
everything is factory tested when sold, however it should still last a few months minimum.

weve spoken to them they wont replace or repair as it was tested before it was delivered so were stuffed unless there is a way of repairing

hmmm,
if you have to, i guess this is a unique plastic part. so it will need a replacement or bodge?.

self-amalgamating tape and plenty of high mod silicon or lsx-sealer.
drain water from it, clean of crap from it, put lsx around joint, wrap s-a tape around like bandage, cover with good mod silicon let dry for 24hrs.

the bath came with all the pipes fitted and motor attached i will try and get you a picture now

imag0001uu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

picture uploaded
you need something which will build up to cover the leak id clean it and rough up with sandpaer then use milliput two part expoxy puttys
ive fixed loads of stuff with this including a car radiator which lasted three years till i sold the car so once its on it stays on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking whirlpool bath pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock