Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking tap on radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

anyone know the best way I can stop this dripping. Do I have to replace it or can I repair it. Think this is one of the causes the boiler keeps loosing pressure.

6315C0F6-784D-4428-B064-E0C67448D4DF.jpeg

The little nut that the drip is coming from is the gland nut.
Give it a little tighten up, if it does turn that should sort it out.
If it doesn't then you can repack the gland, undo the nut, 4 wraps of ptfe tape pushed down into the gap, then do the nut up.
Have a google of repack gland if you need more info about it.

Reply to Leaking tap on radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few days. Now my radiators are not heating up because the hot water must be getting diverted to the tap. What are my options? Can I get house insurance...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
L
I can see the small leak in back boiler, have tried all sorts of products to seal it. have drained the radiators but pressure from water in actual and pipes boiler keeping it wet!! any ideas please to seal, its my only heating.
Replies
Views
LyndaB
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock