Search the forum,

Discuss leaking shower woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Newbie here..

please see the attachment below which shows the connection for the hand held shower head in the stud wall, the wall is finished in tadelatk btw... in case anyone was wondering.

the leak is coming from the threaded bit as it goes into the connection thats screwed into the stud work. (see second pic)
question is how do i go about fixing it...? do i need a large allen key to tighten the thread up are would this be welded/ sealed?

as you can no doubt appreciate by my rather unlettered post i have no idea what im talking about!!

any help gratefully received.

will IMG_20170321_203306563.jpg

Last edited:
is it hand tight (eg can you undo it with your hand)

if so thats why

get yourself some loctite 577

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking shower woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation instructions say it comes with " easy install adapters " and threaded tape ....I have neither of these ,all I have is the " S " unions ... so I did a bit of...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
I'm creating a new shower room. Its all open at the moment. The stud wall framing is built and I am looking at where to install the 15mm-1/2inch elbow for the shower head arm. The problem I have is that the standard elbows aren't deep enough for the wall that's going on the stud work. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock