Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeh1

After replacing my living room radiator after decorating I have some how managed to wear a hole in it while moving it around! Therefore it now has a small drip. Is there anything anyone would recommend to repair the hole??
Thanks in advance....

If the leak is on the joint to the pipe a little more PTFE tape should do the trick. If it's a hole in the radiator, I'm not sure that there is a permanent cure except a new radiator.

If it's any comfort, you wouldn't have made a hole by dragging it around - it would have been corrosion.

Thanks for that dontknowitall, it is the actual radiator rather than the joint. Looks like it's a new radiator then.

if it is a tiny hole in the radiator and you want a quick but tempory fix you can dill a hole in the rad and srew a self tapper into it with a bit of ptfe on,
Not the prettiest site but if its at the bottom or even on the reverse of the rad it could see several years of service
If it does not work you,ll of lost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock