Discuss "leaking" Ferroli Modena condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solarCH

Has anyone experienced "leaking" on the new Ferroli Modena condensing boilers? We installed one this afternoon and liquid began seeping out from the bottom of the case via the gas tube. On opening the boiler we found that the tube which (probably) collects flu condensate is just stuffed into a plastic trap and the overflow level (seems) to be above the joint hight. In the attached photos you can see the trap and a drip near the joint.

WP_002022.jpg

WP_002022drip.jpg

The condensate tube is not blocked, if you blow into the tube the condensates seep out of the joint.. no condensate ever makes it out of the tube..

is this the latest one with no diverter valves and plate hex? prehaps they forgot to apply pvc cement!!

I suppose the question should be are what are we surprised that a Feroli has poor quality control and leaks

is this the latest one with no diverter valves and plate hex? prehaps they forgot to apply pvc cement!!

I believe it is the last model launched, it's the one made up of only 5 modules. Specs are impressive but you have to be one of the first to take the risk..

PVC cement or a joint is almost certainly the solution but you have to take out the motor to get to the tube and as it has only been run for 20mins..

I think this is a design problem. You can see the white plastic trap at the back, the 45 tube has two vertical tubes below, the right one is the tap cup and the left one if the condensate tube outlet. It appears that the overfill level is above the joint which is leaking, in other words for the liquid to flow out of the condensate tube the level has to fill back up the feed pipe.

Will confirm Monday when the Ferroli guys get here. If corrosive condensate has been allowed to seep out and fill the base touching all the joints, cables and the motor, it will be replacement time..

I believe it is the last model launched, it's the one made up of only 5 modules. Specs are impressive but you have to be one of the first to take the risk..

PVC cement or a joint is almost certainly the solution but you have to take out the motor to get to the tube and as it has only been run for 20mins..

I think this is a design problem. You can see the white plastic trap at the back, the 45 tube has two vertical tubes below, the right one is the tap cup and the left one if the condensate tube outlet. It appears that the overfill level is above the joint which is leaking, in other words for the liquid to flow out of the condensate tube the level has to fill back up the feed pipe.

Will confirm Monday when the Ferroli guys get here. If corrosive condensate has been allowed to seep out and fill the base touching all the joints, cables and the motor, it will be replacement time..

keep us in the picture

got to go to an old one on monday, knackered, prehaps he'll accept having a new one??????

my mate has changed 2 prvs, cleaned one once, changed expansion vessel, repaired the digital clock, and now his heat ex is buggered and the tight **** still wont upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "leaking" Ferroli Modena condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, We have a Grant oil combi boiler. Only 3 years old. Been a right pain. Already had expansion vessel replaced and the 3 bar PRV and another...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice please? I have an Ultracom 30HXI that serves DHW, Radiators and UFH manifolds. The boiler is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, looking for some advice please. So I've got a 25 year old Ideal classic NF40 boiler. We live in a naturally warm house so only have the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new here and a capable plumbing DIYr. I have just purchased a Fire Bird Silver Boiler House model to replace my old and now leaking...
Replies
Views
B
Had a problem with a Baxi condensation combi boiler losing pressure daily. Baxi engineer chkd boiler for common faults expansion bottle ect. Was...
Replies
Views
Back