Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking boiler pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

We've had a dripping pipe that comes off our boiler for a few months and have sort of ignored it and put a bowl underneath... but doesn't seem like a great permanent solution o_O any ideas how can I stop it dripping? See pics.

plumber.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 14.11.49.png

Struggling to see what it is clearly from the pic, but looks like a drain cock to me, if it is you might be able to stop the drip by tightening it a bit, but would indicate the rubber washer inside it is reaching the end of its life and would need replacing.

Looks like either the drain off is passing water or is leaking from further up. I'd say it's the cold for the boiler as it appears to be connected to a filling loop, although it is hard to tell for sure. That is an unvented cylinder not a boiler.

If it is the draincock and it won’t shut off; put a stop end on a short length of copper, push this copper into a short left of garden hose ( warm hose in hot water first) , then attach hose to draincock.
Next time system is worked on, change draincock washer and remove this contraption.

Thanks for the replies so far - here are some more pictures. The taps on the left are leaking too. Does that shed any more light on what the problem might be?

upload_2018-12-11_11-28-41.png

Thanks for the replies so far - here are some more pictures. The taps on the left are leaking too. Does that shed any more light on what the problem might be?

View attachment 35853
It’s not a related problem. Are they leaking from the centre at the base of the tap handle? If so, the centre but might just need nipping up with a spanner or if that doesn’t stop it you may need to dismantle the tap, clean and replace the washer in the spindle. The second option would need to be done with water off (obviously).

Reply to Leaking boiler pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
L
I can see the small leak in back boiler, have tried all sorts of products to seal it. have drained the radiators but pressure from water in actual and pipes boiler keeping it wet!! any ideas please to seal, its my only heating.
Replies
Views
LyndaB
L
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install (tank about 1m lower). 10 days later and boiler either doesn't fire or fires stops, fires runs splutters stops. Most it runs now is 10 mins, but that's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock