Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking 6" waste joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KevininGlasgow

Hello there

I am a new member and really need a bit of expert advice, the waste pipes from the bathroom sink and bath
joint up into 1 outflow pipe which is in a reducer/insert going into a 6" cast iron pipe which protrudes from the masonry wall by about 2 inches. There is a seepage/leak around the 6" pipe.
I removed the 2" plastic pipe that is going into the reducer and replaced it with a longer length of pipe hoping that the longer legth inserted into reducer would pass over any leak/break but it is still leaking.
ANY INFO IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU

KevininGlasgow

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the plastic reducer into the cast that's leaking?
Is the plastic pushfit or glued?
Is the reducer sealed into the cast or just pushed in?

Hello plumben

The cast iron pipe is in the wall behind/side of bath and I have not taken the bath out yet
and I was reluctant to do so if there was an easy fix. I am fairly certain the adaptor/plastic pipe is either jammed or sealed into the pipe as there is no movement in it.
There is a cavity under the house but no access to the bathroom section, I angle drilled a hole into the floor under leak to stop the water building up on the bathroom floor, its not a very bad leak and only when water from sink/bath is drained, but at the moment my back (chronic sciattica) is giving me problems so I will not be able to remove the bath untill I can move a bit more.
I have spent ages on the internet just trying various combinations of wording to find what the plastic insert/reducer is called, so even a bit of info on that would be helpfull

Thanks

KevininGlasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking 6" waste joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock