Search the forum,

Discuss Leak in wall to look at in the morning. Where to start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi, I'm going to this job in the morning, see pics.

Where would you start? I'm thinking around the tap outside as there is signs of a leak there and would have obviously run down. Or do I start inside near the stopcock? Anyone had anything similar?

I can't get there until 0830 so I want to make a fast start in case I need anything from the merchants.

IMG-20180924-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20180924-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20180924-WA0004.jpg

The stopcock is for the outside tap. Customer asked for a price but I had to say its hourly rate as I don't know how long it will take.

Passing making good work to plasterer.

Renew from the stop tap

It's been a very busy day. All sorted thanks, the stopcock in the boxing was behind boxing in boxing. I thought it was going to be really old pipe work buried in the wall. Knocked a hole in and repiped the outside tap and replaced the tap itself. Turned out to be a nice little job :)

Thanks for all the replies.

Reply to Leak in wall to look at in the morning. Where to start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock