Search the forum,

Discuss Large 15mm brass olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anywhere no where they may sell 15mm brass olives that are really meaty kind of like dome shaped? I want them for doing refurb work when taking old showers off to aquapanel the walls. The olives that were on originally are a lot bigger than the ones mainly available now. Thanks.

Matt, invest in an olive puller - they are excellent (monument) and it makes you feel like a proper plumber when using it!
The only thing more plumbery is my old sliding swage tool, but that doesn’t see the light of day anymore.

Matt, invest in an olive puller - they are excellent (monument) and it makes you feel like a proper plumber when using it!
The only thing more plumbery is my old sliding swage tool, but that doesn’t see the light of day anymore.
Thanks yes I have an olive puller. I won't be able to get the olives back on though.

You might if you try really hard.

Put the olive in a fitting ( straight is best) then you can hammer it onto a spare bit if pipe without damaging it.

Now undo the nut and remove the fitting.

Now take a hammer and gently tap on the centre of the olive whilst rotating the pipe. This “relaxes “ the olive effectively doing the opposite of what happens when you do a fitting up. Lots of small taps is best and you get in a rhythm.

By the way, I am not joking - this really works.

I find the ones that come with Honeywell TRV's are larger than normal . You could buy a valve keep it for van stock and use the olives and substitute with normal olives when using the TRV.

Reply to Large 15mm brass olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock