Search the forum,

Discuss knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay_1981

looking for some input, have been using knee pad inserts for 5years but getting sick of how easy they they compress after a week or two's hard use. Has anyone used the snickers floor layer inserts how do they feel/last. Don't like using full on kneepads (circulation gets cut off at knee after an hours use)
Any help please, I'm using no name inserts.

The snickers Floor layers trousers and pads are the mutts nuts. The inserts (the 9117 pads) are filled with small plastic beads that mould to your knee and spread the load evenly, definately the best i've ever tried. I've been using 2 pairs for about a year and they are still good to go. They are quite expensive but worth the money I think. Make sure you try the trousers on as its important to get the right length leg otherwise the pads dont quite sit right at the knee.

Hi there, This is my first post so Hi to everyone.... :)

I have currently been using these Snickers work-wear trousers with the insert knee pads for about 2 years, ok i have replaced the trousers due to excessive amounts of silicone etc and have went through a good few sets of insert knee-pads BUT i still think there fab.... Pockets are excellent, there well comfortable and i find the knee-pads seem to last me a good few months.. Always wanted to try the full-on knee-pads with the gel etc but i just couldn't be bothered putting them on/off all the time etc..

If i find a full on set of knee-pads that DO have quick on off clips and aren't too bulky, i may try them. If anyone can recommend a pair, let me know. thanks.

Just my tuppens worth :D

I use the irwin gel knee pads but only use them when I'm doing a cylinder or something where I am kneeling for a couple of hours, they have a hard non maring front( good on expensive real wood floors) and also good when you are crawling around under a floor on leftover rubble. But as I said when started the thread I don't like full on kneepads for all day use maybe they will suit you though

Try one of these..

Alpro Professional Knee Cushion

The Alpro knee cushion has been designed specialy to prevent and heal knee problems. Ergonomically designed by a German knee surgon to distribute the pressure of your bodyweight.

Made from a strange synthetic foam which quickly molds to the shape of your knee.

Includes a carry handle and a recess to keep tile spacers etc

Top quality - Made in Germany

For those of you that can't be bothered to put knee pads on but want to look after your health

Waterproof

weight 700g

Price: ÂŁ16.98 ÂŁ19.53 Including VAT at 15%

I wear the regular snickers trousers (Canvas Plus I think) and use the Floor Layer pads in them. They are great, really comfortable for all-day kneeling and can be put in the washing machine to freshen them up. They certainly last longer than any foam ones I've tried.

Mark

Just a note here worth mentioning. Knee pads, particularly snickers are good for comfort. But don't ever think they will save you from aching knees or operations in the future. I have had several knee operations and the surgeon told me that knee pads will only save you from hard skin on the knees themselves and I always wore snickers knee pads.

He made a very good point and if you think of this it makes sense. When you are knelt down all your body mass weight is on the joint and this is where the problem lies and why so many suffer with knee problems. As an example, take a piece of 15mm tube with a elbow on it, so that it sort of resembles your bent knee, then increase the pressure on the upper part 3 fold and you will realise the stress that the elbow in now under. This is more or less what happens to your knee. Eventually if you put enough pressure on the upper part of the joint it will give way.

Sorry to sound a little down on this, but knee operations hurt.

Regards,

Graham
www.plumbfixit.synthasite.com

mainly just ache all night if I've been on them all day, luckily I mainly do service and repair but if I do installation work then i really notice it. Remedy wise nothing for the pain except a hot bath, but have found vasaline works quite well as a barrier cream to help stop to dry skin on my knees itching and driving me up he wall.

The velcro knees pads are a pain, they make your knees sweat after a couple of hours and then the skin starts to get
friction burns especially if your wearing jeans. The best solution ive found is the Snickers trousers and their
insertable pads, or you can try sitting cross legged, this works well for me as im very bendy (all that Yoga). I
notice that a lot of guys sit on all fours more often than they need to be, putting more pressure on the patella than
they need to. Just a suggestion but try putting your feet flat on the floor so that the tops of your feet are in contact
with the ground, then sitting back so that your glute muscles touch your heels and have your torso as straight as possible,
or even leaning slightly back. You could then also incorporate the knee pad that Dave the administrator suggested. Failing that,
i just used to lay down sometimes and push up on my elbows for short periods. Ive seen some of those old timmers with bad
knees, some of them have never worn pads, no wonder the poor old sods are in pain. But i guess some of its down to genitics,
whether or not youre prone to bad joints or being on the heavy side. But i believe you can help to minimise the damage and discomfort
nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to knee pads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock