Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen tap replacement different sized flexible hose in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I bought a Grohe kitchen tap to replace my existing one and have found that it comes with fixed flexi hoses that are 3/8" instead of the UK standard 15mm fitting.

I saw on an older thread that someone with a similar problem bought a tap tail adaptor from Screwfix with a compression nut and olive so I tried that, however have found the fitting under my sink has a plastic ring with a spring behind it installed (see attached pictures). I tried pulling it out and fitting the adaptor but no luck so far.

Was wondering if someone could take a look and advise on how best to proceed

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_7392.jpg
    IMG_7392.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7393.jpg
    IMG_7393.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 17
You have some check valves there.
Either keep them; use a 1/2” female iron to 3/8” male iron reducer.
Get rid of them; undo the chrome nut on the isolation valve and remove everything to the left of this. Then use the adaptors you have bought straight into the isolating valve.

Hi @Ben-gee,

I received the part today (see attachment) and was wondering if you wouldn't mind double checking if this is correct?

I tried to fit it to the existing pipe work but it doesn't quite fit and I was wondering whether I need to remove the silver fitting on the far left side first?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_7399.jpg
    IMG_7399.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 11
That fitting goes onto 15mm pipe. Not what I suggested but you can use it.

Yes remove the left hand silver fitting, you can then either fit a short length of 15mm copper pipe ( you will need another nut and olive) and then the fitting you have just bought on the other end of the new pipe.

Or

You could just fit the original adaptor which you had straight into the brass fitting, using a nut and olive (possibly stolen from the new fitting you have just bought)

Reply to Kitchen tap replacement different sized flexible hose in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock