Search the forum,

Discuss Kinder Oasis remote controlled Gas Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved house and took my kinder oasis remote controlled gas fire with me as it was an expensive purchase at the time and it worked perfectly in my previous home. It has stood for a number of months as I needed to have work done on the fire place to accommodate the fire and then I paid to have it fitted by a Gas safe engineer but when the battery pack was connected prior to using remote control for the fire - as soon as the battery pack was connected it started to beep constantly could not get the fire to light. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it - as I have already spent quite a bit getting it fitted just want to know if its worth pursuing a repair or should I just scrap it and cut my losses?

have you tried replacing the batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kinder Oasis remote controlled Gas Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to light. One has to push a lot more firmly down on the control slide to get it to light. At which point, all is fine. The pilot is good, new battery...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Replacing a remote gas control valve with its manual equivalent. My daughter has a gas coal effect fire. First, I know they're crap, she'll just use it for the occasional time that friends come round. OK, so it has a remote (broken), a remote receiver (broken) and a motorised gas control...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock