Search the forum,

Discuss Kibosh Emergency Pipe repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing Kibosh could do tbh, always good to get an impartial test of a product, i might hold off buying to see if he is willing, if he wasn't you would assume he was apprehensive about the quality of the product.

I am totally confident in the Kibosh. I've spent the last 4 years developing it and I had it tested by BSI. It was put on new copper pipe, burst copper pipe, leaking solder fitting, PB barrier & single skin and PEX pipe at 6BAR 85C and 10BAR 20C for a week without leaking. They also tested a piece of burst pipe to see what pressure it would fail at and it reached 23.4BAR.

The wet T shirt comp has already been discussed though. Might have one at a trades show and have plumbers etc competing against the Kibosh girls for the Rothenberger Kibosh cup. I'm being serious!

Cheers guys!

I am totally confident in the Kibosh. I've spent the last 4 years developing it and I had it tested by BSI. It was put on new copper pipe, burst copper pipe, leaking solder fitting, PB barrier & single skin and PEX pipe at 6BAR 85C and 10BAR 20C for a week without leaking. They also tested a piece of burst pipe to see what pressure it would fail at and it reached 23.4BAR.

The wet T shirt comp has already been discussed though. Might have one at a trades show and have plumbers etc competing against the Kibosh girls for the Rothenberger Kibosh cup. I'm being serious!

Cheers guys!

Please inform us of dates, the wet t shirt competition is a serious experiment as far as I'm concerned.

so its been tested somewhere you have control and not out in the real world

so its been tested somewhere you have control and not out in the real world

Yes independantly tested so was out of my hands, bit of a nervous week but passed first time! If it failed I'd have had to pay the whole thing again. I've used them, I'm a plumber. There are pics on the Kibosh facebook page in real situations. People are using them and we're getting good feedback. Please have a look at your local supplier. It's a good bit of kit! Cheers for all the comments, it's answering a lot of questions! Ross

Well not very good marketing if you would not let someone on this forum test it!!

Well not very good marketing if you would not let someone on this forum test it!!

Exactly, who is going to go off and buy one now after reading this thread? not me any more. If he was confident in the product he would be falling over himself to get the product tested in the real world by real plumbers, he has lost all credibility now after making the effort to register and talk up his product.

I like the principle of the idea but unless I new it worked then I'd not be buying it and the only way these kind of things sell is from recommendations from trades men imho

Looks good Kibosh, are you distributing it to other suppliers like PTS, or is it just Screwfix.

If you market it well and we have a very cold Winter, you'll sell bucket loads.

Looks good Kibosh, are you distributing it to other suppliers like PTS, or is it just Screwfix.

If you market it well and we have a very cold Winter, you'll sell bucket loads.

Hi System 3, sorry for the late response. Been totally snowed under! Yes it's available at all the major retailers! Very handy in a bad winter, wouldn't wish a burst pipe on anybody, just want to hear more people saying it's done its job! Thanks for the comment!

Neither did I Si.

You may thank me for my thoughtless giving nature. I sponser the forum, and I ask for nothing in return. Just your praise.

LOL

On a serious note, I think the OFTEC guys (I'm only saying this as I am one too!!) should get a little banner thingy (whattever you call these new things). As I think good advise on oil burners is just as important.

On a serious note, I think the OFTEC guys (I'm only saying this as I am one too!!) should get a little banner thingy (whattever you call these new things). As I think good advise on oil burners is just as important.

I've already mentioned it fella , only cos ill be one next year

Well I'm not a sponser. Much as I'd love to be, all my spare money goes on beer and crisps.

I know. Apparently I'm a forum sponser. Its news to me. Hope they don't send the heavies round for a back payment!

You spoil sports!!

Actually phew, I was half expecting to receive a demand in the post for late payment!

Agreed Phil. Better to just get the water isolated and deal with it properly than faff with one of these. Though it wouldnt hurt if people had one at home for emergencies. They need to make a 22mm one. Possibly a 28mm one too, as there is loads of it around.

I won't be buying one anytime soon, I have enough gimmicks. I'd end up lobbing it in the bin after it sat there for five years. I have a tool for toilet seat back nuts.....what was the point in that!!?

echo that!! It looks a waste of time.
If a pipes accessible enough to fit that massive contraption I will sure as hell fix it! In fact I would fix it anyway..
Maybe useful for a DIYer, but I can see this doing most of it's work in the back of the DIY novices tool cupboard...

Theres just too few cases where it would be usable IME

back payment plus the dabt mangment fee. thats it danny you will have to fold the business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kibosh Emergency Pipe repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock