Search the forum,

Discuss Keep having to press the red reset button in MegaFlow to get water heated again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonwade

I had some plumbing work done last week:

1. 2 new hot and colds running from upstairs en suite down to new kitchen downstairs.
2. New gas pipe coming out of the gas meter box into new kitchen for gas hob.
3, Old gas hob disconnected.

Pressure was tested before and after. Every seemed to be working OK. But I realised yesterday that my boiler was no longer heating my water.

Years ago the same problem happened and a plumber showed me the little red reset button in the megaflow electrics panel (its a Megaflow CL145).

What could be causing the Megaflow to refuse to heat water until the red button is pressed?

Central heating is working OK.

I am loathe to call back the original plumber because they made a complete mess of most things they touched. I have a friend who is a plumber - he disconnected the old hob for me - so hoping he might be able to fix it.

But if it is likely that the plumber who did the main work broke something, I need to get them back to fix for free, I assume (although based on previous conversations they will probably say "it was working OK when we left").

Could it be a pressure issue? I ask because I could not help noticing information about max and min pressure on the front of the Megaflow. Maybe a tap is turned up too much, or down too much (me totally guessing!).

Suggestions welcome. Will tell my plumbing friend tomorrow, but curious now what the matter might be (and if I can save some of his time all the better).

Many thanks

Jon.

Stop resetting it and call in a g3.

I'm afraid that's the only advice we can give you for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keep having to press the red reset button in MegaFlow to get water heated again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock