Search the forum,

Discuss Just saying hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

munchkin19

Just saying hello. My ancient combi boiler (1995 Worcester Bosch) has died, so I may be on here asking some annoying questions as things progress. I've just found out that I need to fit a condensing combi, for example.

My flat is rented out to a tenant so I need to do this work quickly. Problem is that it's a small one bed flat on the first floor of a block, with concrete floors. It looks like my flow and return pipes to the boiler might be under the concrete.

And to add to the fun, it looks like the management company might refuse for me to run the condensate pipe outside (the installer's suggestion having looked at the layout of my flat given that the boiler is at the opposite end of the property from the sink and toilet). This is because one of the Directors owns the flat downstairs, and the pipe would go down his wall (which is only communal when the same Directors want money to paint the exterior of the building - ha ha!).

Anyway, hello from one rather anxious (but determined) landlady.

:yesnod:

Id be looking at where you can terminate the condense pipe and working back from there.

What have the other tenants done? How do they get around it?

Just my thoughts. But there are also experts on here who will give you sound advice. Take your pick.

PS Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just saying hello in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock