Search the forum,

Discuss Just looking for confirmation on soil pipe situ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
I have a customer who wants a quote for refitting a 1st floor ensuite. The soil stack drops down into cloakroom beneath and they've mentioned that they sometimes see their sh!te twice :eek:!

I've exposed the soil pipe in the cloakroom and can see why....
20181015_171226.jpg

IMG-20181015-WA0002.jpg
Upstairs waste is "flying" down the stack, whizzing round the 87.5 bend, occasionally overshooting the cross-branch and showing it's ugly face in the downstairs pan :mad:!

What I'm proposing to do is fit a anti-rodent "flap" to right hand socket of the cross-branch to prevent any further crossover from upstairs wc to downstairs wc.

Any comments please?

You can buy a form of one way valve for back to back situations like this. It stops it re-appearing in that quite alarming fashion :eek::eek::eek:

Yep as the rat flap is meant for that use aswell

Reply to Just looking for confirmation on soil pipe situ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the boxing in of the SOIL pipe was rotten with mould and the carpet was saturated. Obviously been going on for a long time. I dried the area out. I then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m proposing to add a shower. It’s just 1.2m x 1.6m. I have seen similar posts to this on the forum but not quite my situation. I am proposing to run one...
Replies
Views
I would like to add another WC about 2m to the right of existing WC. The existing soil pipe has only one WC (coming out the wall straight into the soil pipe) and is a straight vertical cast iron 4 inch pipe with a vent at the roof. My plan is to go out the wall with the new WC and then go down...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am adding an ensuite to our bedroom. The new 110mm soil pipe run (Grey in diagram) is approx 6m long and enters the building beneath a timber suspended floor. The 90 degree bends are swept. I am assuming it would be a good idea to vent the pipe above the new toilet with an air...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Hi there, let me just start by saying I am looking for some advice on doing my first 'big' DIY project of turning a small bedroom into a bathroom, specifically with the toilet. I want to put the toilet below the window on an external wall which is upstairs and overlooks a flat roof, the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock