Discuss Just had a new boiler fitted but no thermostat? Advice required ASAP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

t0ria

hello all, this is my first post but could do with some advice ASAP please. I had a new boiler fitted today, it is a Baxi Potterton HE combi condensing boiler. My old Glow worm had totally given up the ghost. The problem I have is that the fitter didn't wire it in to my digital thermostat which is in the hall. In fact there is no thermostat at all, just the temperature control on the boiler itself. Also it only has a 24 hour timer, my existing thermostat had a 7 days programme.

When I asked him why I couldn't use the thermostat he said he was unable to wire it in. I don't actually think he even tried. He suggested I got myself a wireless one.

I haven';t paid him yet, he says he has got to come back tomorrow to look at my gas fireplace (even though I didn't ask him to). What does anyone think about this? Should he have fitted a thermostat? I have been reading that building controls on new houses require a themostat. Not all of my radiators have themostatic valves either.

If there is a better place for this question please let me know.

Thanks, Victoria, Manchester.

Glad to read your all sorted. Did the installer remove the integral time clock he d fitted to the boiler ? if not just leave it set to heating on constant to allow your 7 day digi stat to override it with your settings.
he might ve thought your existing stat was 240v (new is probaly 24v switching) and didn t have any testers with him y-day . giviing hime the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Wouldn't bother with a digistat amount of times have to go through it with customers explaining how it works does my head in !!!
In all honesty he's probably forgotten to include it in the price or does not feel competent with electrics in anyway .Just tell him you need it fitted even if you spend 40 pounds on a stat and 50 on getting it fitted .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just had a new boiler fitted but no thermostat? Advice required ASAP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock