Search the forum,

Discuss Just for copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

it's been mentioned in a previous thread so i am asking any-one who has used this copper 'super glue' if it is any good?.
is it worth having in the 'bag-o-bits' for odd ocasions or is it a waste of money.

your thoughts please.

if it is really that good does it make you a plumber with 2 days training at a course provider?.:D

it's been mentioned in a previous thread so i am asking any-one who has used this copper 'super glue' if it is any good?.
is it worth having in the 'bag-o-bits' for odd ocasions or is it a waste of money.

your thoughts please.

if it is really that good does it make you a plumber with 2 days training at a course provider?.:D

Dont know about the super glue for copper and 2 days training, but half a day's training turned me into a polythene pipe layer doing electro fusion welds on 150mm water mains and 75mm gas mains, and to me thats the only place for plastic pipes

The thing is people seem to get a bit mixed up about Plumbing. In point its a multi layer job.

If you can say your a Plumber after learning to stick pipes together with glue, okay!

But that is only one layer.

What if you get a bathroom to install? Sticking pipes together with glue is not much help to you then. You have to learn another layer.

What if after learning both, you are then given a central a heating system to install?

Another layer to learn.

What if somebody gave you a glass cutter and told you to glaze a window? Another layer.

What if somebody in Scotland threw you a roll of 2.5 cable and said "Wire that house out" Another layer to learn.

What if somebody gave you a ladder and a roll of lead and said "Go flash that roof" Another layer to learn.

What of they gave you a rest bend and load of underground? Another layer to learn.

What if they gave you a manometer and said "Go gas that factory" Another layer to learn.

And on and on.

At various points in our work life we probably find we have done some of these things but perhaps not all and then again we could have done all of them. And we could even divide them up into even more layers. Plumbing basically covers a vast range of different jobs.

Yet we can call ourselves Plumbers even if we just have the knowledge of one layer.

So calling yourself a Plumber is one thing, but you will find employers want to know what you have been working on before they will employ you.

The reason is obvious, for as many layers as there are, there are probably as many employers who concentrate more toward one layer than another and they want to make sure you can do the layers they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:er!

just joking bern' about the 2 weeks.:confused:

just asking if that copper jointing super-glue 'just-for-copper' is worth buying for awkward joints like close to c/w/s sytern, and that it actually works like it shouldand is reliable?.:rolleyes:

good general point tho'

Hi! Redsaw

Yes it would be interesting to know.

You never know it could be handy.

If you go to do a burst over a bank holiday, where are you going to find shops open?

A bit of super glue may hold it till you do.

What is that Gorilla glue like they all seem to be shouting about?

Grey hairs starting to kick in, might try Just For Men though!

Does what it says on the tin-for gingas only!!!!!!!!LOL

I was tempted to buy some of that there Copper Glue for the sole purpose of returning pressure relief pipework back to the wall. It would save having to take all the soldering gear outside and up the ladder... how long tho' til that handy little bottle gets lost or smashed to bits in the ball mill that is the back of my van?:)

tell you what tho, good idea for blow offs and the like just drop a tube in pandoras pocket and into the loft or up ladders you go for quick fix, sounds tempting but i want to hear from someone who's actually used it.....if anybody has.

I will buy some this weekend probably.Then make some bits up and pressure test

I havent used it but I dont think I could sleep at night :eek: You cant beat a solder joint or a compression fitting. For me Just Copper, no,no & no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just for copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock