Search the forum,

Discuss Just completed BPEC Heat pump course.. now what?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, I thought Id bite the bullet and get involved with renewables before I get left behind, so I enrolled in the BPEC Heat pump course which I completed yesterday. Its MCS accredited and I know that there will be a huge outlay coming up, but what is actually the best course of action to take first in your opinion?
Should I get in touch with a certification body? or REAL or what?
Comments welcome.
Cheers

Connor

congratulations on passing your course, well done, next you need to decide which certification body you are going to use, and they all seem to have different prices, or they did when I first started looking into it, as I recall BRE were the most expensive and Napit seemed the cheapest, and if you want to meet a complete muppet who knows nothing about heatpumps then use NICEIC

I would also consider doing a manufacturers course to learn how to commission heat pumps, they're not expensive and usually done in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just completed BPEC Heat pump course.. now what?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are configured incorrectly. Another said all I need to do is add an AAV as high as possible. Another said I should seal the system. Boiler was installed in...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would value your input. I have recently replaced a boiler with an airsource heat pump. The heat pump feeds ground floor and 1st floor underfloor circuits as well as radiators on 1st floor and second floor. Rooms with underfloor have thermostats (but they are not smart). The radiators...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The system is up and running and works okay but I feel it could work alot better if it were setup properly. Im not a plumber and really understand how parts...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock